Thứ Sáu, 29 tháng 6, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Jun 29 2018

Hi I'm Jonathan and this is rad-head

Today I'm building this spinning water tank

that demonstrates the effects of the centrifugal force by creating this cool convex shape.

Let's start building

I started by making the tank itself.

I've cut some 4mm clear acrylic into two rectangles and four thin strips

that will make the edges of the tank.

I assembled the tank and held it together with spring clamps

once pleased with how everything aligned I fused the sides together with acrylic solvent.

Ideally I would have used a thinner solvent that will actually wick into the seam

but this is all I had.

I mixed a cup of water with a few drops of green food coloring for extra contrast

Once the tank has fully cured, I started filling it up.

First I marked the desired water level, which is half way up the tank

and used a syringe to fill it up to that line.

Now it's time to add the last piece of acrylic and seal this water tank for good.

There's no going back from this point.

This thin water tank needs to spin freely, but it has such a low moment of inertia

it won't hold a spin very well.

So I decided to make the tank holder from a heavy chunk of steel

that will make it spin much longer.

I milled a 12mm slot in the middle of the steel blank for the water tank to securely sit in.

machining steel always makes me think how crazy it is to cut a piece of steel

with just another piece of steel that is slightly harder.

The harder material always wins

I flipped the piece around and drilled an 8mm hole part way through.

Instead of using all the fancy gauges on the machine

I just marked the depth with a piece of blue tape.

I then gave it a couple of coats of white spray paint.

I've cut a piece of 8mm shaft to length with my angle grinder.

By the way I ended up using a 15cm long shaft and not 10 as you see me cut here.

Now it's time to make the base for this whole contraption.

I wanted something heavy that will easily support the rotating mass

so I decided to cast it out of concrete.

I still needed to somehow attach a couple of bearings to it in order for the tank to spin freely

and I decided to embed this 3d printed bearing holder in the concrete mold

which is just a plastic cereal bowl.

I prepped my work area before starting the messy part of the casting.

Giving it the final touch and let's mix some concrete.

I mixed the concrete following my grandma's famous recipe.

One part white cement.

Two parts sand.

One part plaster, which makes the concrete cure faster.

And grandma's secret ingredient

diluted PVA glue

I mixed the dry ingredients thoroughly and added the glue and some water

until I got to the consistency of gluten free oatmeal.

I carefully filled the mold using the stirring stick to push the concrete into every nook and cranny

I then used a power sander to vibrate out any air bubbles.

I noticed that the mold started rotating counterclockwise when vibrated.

It seems that no matter what I try, I can't seem to make it rotate clockwise.

I'll have to look deeper into this one.

If you have any ideas, feel free to comment.

I leveled the top part with a straight edge and now this needs to cure for 24 hours .

If you're impatient like me you can simply put it in the oven on high heat for 10 minutes.

I'm kidding of course.

Or am I?

Demolding the base reveals a very smooth surface

although I still had some bubbles on one side.

I was very pleased by how the bearing holder was integrated into the concrete.

I intentionally made the holes a little tight, so I lightly heated the part to get a really snug fit.

I assembled everything together, by first inserting the water tank into the steel holder

then I slipped a small piece of tube on the shaft to act as a stopper.

Now I can finally place the tank on top and give it a spin.

The tank spins freely and takes quite a long time to come to a rest

thanks to the extra mass of the steel holder

I played with different ways of spinning it, and found that I can reach very high speeds

by wrapping a string over the shaft and pulling it quickly.

You could calculate the RPM of the water tank by examining the obtained curve.

I plan to do exactly that including a pseudo rigorous analysis of the physics behind this demonstration

on my next video, so stay tuned.

Off camera I made two more water tanks.

The water level in these tanks reveal the full 3d surface created by the rotating liquid.

The cylinder gives a very clear view of this surface.

My original tank simply displays a cross section of it.

The cube however lacks the continuous rotational symmetry

and the edges are further apart than the faces

this gives it its unique look, however this is of course still the same surface

as with the other tanks.

That's all for this one, feel free to comment below

I'd love to know what you think about this project

As always, I have plans and 3d printable models over on my website

the link is in the description.

If you like my projects, and want to help me make more of them

consider supporting me on patreon

Until next time

Bye

For more infomation >> Building a Spinning Water Demo - Duration: 5:20.

-------------------------------------------

Aesthetic Training Tips | How to Build a Shredded Chest - Duration: 5:03.

what's up everybody this is IFBB Pro Santi Aragon and I'm here with muscle

and strength and I'm gonna take you through my three favorite aesthetic

chest building exercises so for the first chest exercise to build an

aesthetic big ole barrel chest first step of this exercise is to pick an

appropriate weight you want to start a little bit lighter before you get into

your heavier movements just so that you can get used to this style of press I

pick a incline bench for this movement and when I roll back with the dumbbells

you're gonna see that I'm gonna start in a normal fly movement but as I'm

pressing the weight up you're gonna see that my pinkies are gonna start coming

inward to squeeze the chest and as I'm coming back down I'm gonna be rotating

them back again in a fly movement here we are in the fly movement I'm gonna

press up and I'm gonna rotate my pinkies what this is gonna do is this is gonna

squeeze the chest and as I'm rotating back down I'm in another I give them in

a press movement right here and this is stretching out my pecs so I'm coming up

rotating squeezing opening up opening up and I'm stretching

so not only can you press some pretty heavy weight because this is a hybrid

press movement but you're also utilizing the squeeze if it was a fly movement too

so you're kind of getting best of both worlds on this movement exercise number

two for anesthetic chest is gonna be a fly movement the difference between this

fly movement and any other fly movement that we do is going to be the way that

we're gonna be doing each rep it's gonna be a holding a pause at the top of the

movement and then it's gonna be descending slowly back to the bottom

keeping constant tension on the muscle group and then coming back and again

pausing at the very top another difference between this and any other

fly movement is that I'm gonna concentrate on bringing the bar much

higher on my chest versus right in the middle part of my chest the reason why I

do this is because if you look at any of the classic guys back in the 80s and 90s

you can see how crazy their upper chest was and I really do believe that any

type of upper chest movement is going to hit the mid and the bottom part of your

chest and the hardest part to build is the upper part of the chest so I'm gonna

go ahead and demonstrate this movement for you standing very comfortable I'm

gonna come up top and you can see how I'm squeezing up I'm just gonna see on

squeezing upwards I'm not down my elbows not down it's

actually kind of up so that I can put more stress on the top part of my chest

chest is up so here we go we're gonna pause at the top boom one two three come

down one two three up one two down one two

I'll do this for about 12 to 15 reps and at the very end when I can't do any more

I blast out about five regular sets this is gonna be something that's going to be

focusing on the lower part of the chest and I choose this as the final exercise

because we're gonna be doing a finishing type set here which is gonna be

extremely high reps so what I usually do is I'll pick a weight that I think I

could handle and I'll just feel it I'll touch the weight if I'm ready and I

think I could handle it the goal is to go to 50 so it's very basic

this machine pretty much tells you where you need to go and the key is that at

the top of the movement you're making sure that you're squeezing

it's like any other chest movement this particular movement at the end of your

chest routine is not going to require three or four sets like a standard

movement this is gonna be a touching so you're gonna see if you can handle the

weight and then it's gonna be one all-out set of 50 repetitions and there

you have it those are my three favorite chest exercises thanks for watching

please comment and subscribe below

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét