Thứ Sáu, 29 tháng 6, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Jun 29 2018

Recently I've been playing through a couple of really interesting Super Mario Maker stages

made by Giant, and I stumbled over a stage made by him, that featured a trick I didn't

know was possible.

A trick that allows us to build a lot of interesting new contraptions.

And a trick that adds a new entry onto our dangerous list of evil.

A trick that allows us to build don't let the cannonballs escape stages.

So today we are going to take a look at Giants awesome stage kill all bill 'n balls and

afterwards we will take a look at how everything worked.

So are you ready?

Let's do this!

So our stage starts simple.

Mario is equipped with a shelmet and has to enter this pipe, and then the action starts

immediately.

Our plumber is entrapped in this room, and dangerous cannons shoot even more dangerous

cannonballs towards Mario.

Luckily mario is well prepared.

Thanks to his awesome jump and running skills, and his amazing special headgear mario is

able to get rid of a lot of cannonballs, while he dodges the others.

Sadly that's not what mario is supposed to do here, because Mario is actually supposed

to make sure that not a single cannonball escapes.

After a while a hidden timer expires, which closes the exit, and throws a dangerous muncher

onto our heros head.

Hm, looks like Mario really has to get rid of each and every cannonball here, so back

to the start.

This time mario is way more careful not to allow any of the evil balls to fly upwards

for eternity.

Bowser may thought that he is able to outsmart mario by building such a complicated level,

but mario is un-out-smartable, this time no cannonball escapes.

Because of this no bullet blaster drops down, but mario is rewarded with the exit key and

allowed to proceed.

Hooray!

The next part of the stage is quite tricky.

This area uses autoscrolling.

But not only does the screen magically move without mario doing anything here, there are

also a lot of branching paths, and most of all, there are dangerous cannonballs and bullet

blasters that try to hurt mario.

So mario has to jump and dodge really careful here if he wants to reach the end of the stage

alive.

But as you wonderful ladies and gentleman watching might already have guessed, reaching

the end alive isn't going to do it here, because once again mario is required to destroy

all cannonballs, and bullet bills before he is allowed to touch his beloved exit gateway.

Since our plumber let a couple of cannonballs live, the exit is closed and mario isn't

able to reach the end, but gets crushed instead.

How crushing!

So back to the beginning, once again.

This time mario does what he is supposed to do and jumps, and bumps into each and every

cannonball along his way.

How inspiring!

Mario actually is able to get rid of all dangerous projectiles that were flying around uncontrollably

here.

But we all know the old saying, the only thing that helps against a bad stage with lots of

cannons, is a good plumber with a spiked helmet.

Anyway after a while mario reaches the exit again, but this time the bullet blaster doesn't

drop down because a pow-block is triggered since mario got rid of each and every bullet

in the stage, and therefore he's allowed to leave.

Hooray!

Okay so how does all of this work?

Well it's actually surprisingly simple in theory, and a little bit more complicated

to execute.

So first the cannonball minigame.

That's very simple ELB manipulation.

The room is set up in a way that the ELB is at exactly 99 once loaded.

This means that question blocks are still able to release their content, but they aren't

anymore if only a single object is loaded in.

The cannonballs are those objects.

Each cannonball counts towards the elb, so if a cannonball escapes then the ELB hits

100, and question blocks can't release their content anymore.

The weird thing is that cannonballs that fly upwards only despawn after about 25 ingame

seconds.

Which is really really weird, but actually quite interesting and useful.

So the timer in this room is set up in a way that it expires, shortly before the first

cannonball would despawn.

Because of this each cannonball that doesn't get removed overflows the elb, which means

that question blocks can't spawn anything if mario misses a cannonball.

The mechanism that decides whether Mario is rewarded with a key, or not is super clever

as well.

This set-up triggers a pow-block if the elb is full, but hits this question block if the

elb isn't full.

So once the timer is over this mechanism grants mario a key if all cannonballs were destroyed,

and destroys a pow block if a cannonball escaped.

Awesome stuff!

The area where Mario has to get rid of all cannonballs while the stage moves towards

the right, uses a similar trick.

So what giant did here is roughly the following.

The ELB becomes filled to a point where question blocks are only able to spawn items if there

are no bullet bills or cannonballs left anymore.

Then there is a global timer that is set up in such a way that it expires once Mario reaches

the final part of the stage.

If all cannonballs were defeated then a pow-block gets rid of this bob omb which means that

the exit stays open.

That's incredible clever, especially the way he handles the global timer is really

smart and something I haven't seen done this way before.

Sadly having the stage run on a global timer means that it's really hard to recreate

a stage build around this idea.

So I set down and tried to come up with an easier to build contraption for such a stage.

So here's what this looks like.

First we globally donut overflow the ELB for 94.

Then we have a couple of cannons fire a couple of cannonballs.

After a while a muncher blocks the exit.

If mario got rid of all cannonballs a pow is triggered and the path opens up.

If there are still cannonballs around however, then no pow block doesn't get triggered

and no exit doesn't open up.

All that we need in order to build such a contraption is this little set up at the top.

There are two shells, one triggers a question block that contains a pow block, after a while.

If the ELB is below 100 the pow spawns and the other shell activates it.

If the elb is full however, nothing happens, and the exit stays blocked.

Here we use two springs, two shells and one muncher.

These items count for 5 towards the ELB.

Since the ELB gets globally donut overflowed for 94 at the beginning, this means that only

if no cannonball are on screen the pow is able to spawn.

That's the whole trick!

And that's it for don't let the cannonballs escape stages in super mario maker.

Shoutout again to mario maker creator giant, for creating this wonderful stage, and for

being an incredible super mario maker creator in general!

I hope you enjoyed this little video, if you enjoyed it don't forget to leave me a thumbs

up, and maybe you feel especially hyped for the upcoming mushroom kingdom championship

finals and want to hit the subscribe button as well.

I hope that you have a wonderful day and to see you soon.

Goodbye!

For more infomation >> How to Create a "Don't Let The Cannonball Escape" Level in Super Mario Maker! - Duration: 6:30.

-------------------------------------------

DARPA to Build a New Technology Ground-X Artillery and US Army's Upgrading to M1A3 Tanks - Duration: 5:00.

For more infomation >> DARPA to Build a New Technology Ground-X Artillery and US Army's Upgrading to M1A3 Tanks - Duration: 5:00.

-------------------------------------------

Let Us Build a House - Duration: 0:31.

We also have our two scriptures, from Hebrews and from Matthew, which we'll read in a moment, that articulate a challenging

word to us in this time in our world.

On top of all of that, we have this hymn entitled Let Us Build a House that is a description

of the fourfold action of worship.

The gathering, the Word, the responding, and the sending), that Heidi mentioned. Something that I could talk a lot about.

For more infomation >> Let Us Build a House - Duration: 0:31.

-------------------------------------------

Why I Am Building A Business That I Can Sell (Built To Sell) Vlog¹ 001 - Duration: 5:48.

What's up, everybody this is Ed Rich and you're watching Ed Rich Vlog. Today, I'm having coffee with

Built To Sell (Book by John Warrillow)

Maybe you have built a business before maybe you failed. Maybe you succeeded

I have a series of failure of businesses I've done before except the last one which I built

right now, but the model of this business is not something I'm very satisfied with. My business is mostly

a consulting service business. It relies a lot on me and I'm a very creative person

I'd like to create something where I can talk with people and don't bother afterwards

But right now my business involved me to provide service, digital marketing services, funnel building services

That is something I'm trying to get away from and I want to build this business or hold this business into something that I can

detach myself from

and one of the best ways to do it is to build it right from the beginning in a way as

If I'm building it to sell. So today I'm going to read Built To Sell

and

With this. I'm going to cover

the steps involved to make this business a stand-alone business - it won't the business model and

I would share my discoveries with you

one of the reasons I want to do it is because I want to build a business which is very close to my passions and

I'm tired of people telling me that you should work for money. Oh

You trying to build a business for something you like, but you need to pay your bills somehow. Oh, yeah, I know

It's been a struggle to pay my bills purely on passion

but that's

that's a work in progress and

I'm using the wisdom of the crowd or people who have done it before me to figure out the steps

Which I'm not doing and even though I may be skeptical to some of the things in the goods I will

Take these steps religiously. I will even if I don't believe on those steps I do for some time

take it as an experiment and give my full faith on those steps and

How we try to push myself, but it's not let's enjoy the coffee

So in building a business that can thrive

without you there are three key elements. Three key elements that the author John Warrillow has

Described number one is that it should be teachable. So basically if you want to be able to sleep

Without taking care of everything in your business yourself

You should be able to teach what you do or what your business to do someone else

Number two that it's valuable. So what you create create value in the market and number three

Things you do in your business

Should be repeatable almost everything

So, why do I care about building a business that can thrive without me?

my business has been or

Businesses have been messed before I have created a couple of businesses and none of them

Come to a point where I can just take an exit without closing it down

in fact

One of the businesses gave me a huge losses and I found myself quickly into seventy thousand pounds in debt

Which is almost like a hundred thousand dollars that at that time now even though I'm debt free today

But the pain of going through the experience is still with me and I want to make sure

that whatever I create in the future is more systemic is not designed on my intuition is not based on like

You know hunting-gathering even though I'm a hunter-gatherer

I would like to stay hunter-gatherer, but still the system so I create I don't want them to be hunter-gatherers

I want them to be farming systems

So there was a point in my life when I created a business which was doing two hundred and fifty thousand US dollars a year

In fact the month I was struggling most was the month. I was doing £ 50k £ (UK GBP) ~ USD 75k sales alone

It was a drop shipping business on Amazon

The model itself was so difficult the way I built the business even though it was

successful in revenues it was difficult for me to generate profit out of it and

Even more difficult for me to replicate it. I

remember a time when I was just

Learning to different investors and asking them if they kept they could suggest me something nobody cared. They didn't talk about the possibility of

this business being

Acquirable or something like that. So I end up closing the business and that's how I got the £70k debt

But this I'm inviting you to be part of this journey

Let's go on this journey together journey of discovery and self growth

While building a business that can live on its own

so the next thing I want you to do is to just subscribe to this channel and

That's how you will get updated about the journey

Let's create this movement together

For more infomation >> Why I Am Building A Business That I Can Sell (Built To Sell) Vlog¹ 001 - Duration: 5:48.

-------------------------------------------

Building a Spinning Water Demo - Duration: 5:20.

Hi I'm Jonathan and this is rad-head

Today I'm building this spinning water tank

that demonstrates the effects of the centrifugal force by creating this cool convex shape.

Let's start building

I started by making the tank itself.

I've cut some 4mm clear acrylic into two rectangles and four thin strips

that will make the edges of the tank.

I assembled the tank and held it together with spring clamps

once pleased with how everything aligned I fused the sides together with acrylic solvent.

Ideally I would have used a thinner solvent that will actually wick into the seam

but this is all I had.

I mixed a cup of water with a few drops of green food coloring for extra contrast

Once the tank has fully cured, I started filling it up.

First I marked the desired water level, which is half way up the tank

and used a syringe to fill it up to that line.

Now it's time to add the last piece of acrylic and seal this water tank for good.

There's no going back from this point.

This thin water tank needs to spin freely, but it has such a low moment of inertia

it won't hold a spin very well.

So I decided to make the tank holder from a heavy chunk of steel

that will make it spin much longer.

I milled a 12mm slot in the middle of the steel blank for the water tank to securely sit in.

machining steel always makes me think how crazy it is to cut a piece of steel

with just another piece of steel that is slightly harder.

The harder material always wins

I flipped the piece around and drilled an 8mm hole part way through.

Instead of using all the fancy gauges on the machine

I just marked the depth with a piece of blue tape.

I then gave it a couple of coats of white spray paint.

I've cut a piece of 8mm shaft to length with my angle grinder.

By the way I ended up using a 15cm long shaft and not 10 as you see me cut here.

Now it's time to make the base for this whole contraption.

I wanted something heavy that will easily support the rotating mass

so I decided to cast it out of concrete.

I still needed to somehow attach a couple of bearings to it in order for the tank to spin freely

and I decided to embed this 3d printed bearing holder in the concrete mold

which is just a plastic cereal bowl.

I prepped my work area before starting the messy part of the casting.

Giving it the final touch and let's mix some concrete.

I mixed the concrete following my grandma's famous recipe.

One part white cement.

Two parts sand.

One part plaster, which makes the concrete cure faster.

And grandma's secret ingredient

diluted PVA glue

I mixed the dry ingredients thoroughly and added the glue and some water

until I got to the consistency of gluten free oatmeal.

I carefully filled the mold using the stirring stick to push the concrete into every nook and cranny

I then used a power sander to vibrate out any air bubbles.

I noticed that the mold started rotating counterclockwise when vibrated.

It seems that no matter what I try, I can't seem to make it rotate clockwise.

I'll have to look deeper into this one.

If you have any ideas, feel free to comment.

I leveled the top part with a straight edge and now this needs to cure for 24 hours .

If you're impatient like me you can simply put it in the oven on high heat for 10 minutes.

I'm kidding of course.

Or am I?

Demolding the base reveals a very smooth surface

although I still had some bubbles on one side.

I was very pleased by how the bearing holder was integrated into the concrete.

I intentionally made the holes a little tight, so I lightly heated the part to get a really snug fit.

I assembled everything together, by first inserting the water tank into the steel holder

then I slipped a small piece of tube on the shaft to act as a stopper.

Now I can finally place the tank on top and give it a spin.

The tank spins freely and takes quite a long time to come to a rest

thanks to the extra mass of the steel holder

I played with different ways of spinning it, and found that I can reach very high speeds

by wrapping a string over the shaft and pulling it quickly.

You could calculate the RPM of the water tank by examining the obtained curve.

I plan to do exactly that including a pseudo rigorous analysis of the physics behind this demonstration

on my next video, so stay tuned.

Off camera I made two more water tanks.

The water level in these tanks reveal the full 3d surface created by the rotating liquid.

The cylinder gives a very clear view of this surface.

My original tank simply displays a cross section of it.

The cube however lacks the continuous rotational symmetry

and the edges are further apart than the faces

this gives it its unique look, however this is of course still the same surface

as with the other tanks.

That's all for this one, feel free to comment below

I'd love to know what you think about this project

As always, I have plans and 3d printable models over on my website

the link is in the description.

If you like my projects, and want to help me make more of them

consider supporting me on patreon

Until next time

Bye

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét