Thứ Năm, 30 tháng 8, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Aug 30 2018

We've put all these stumbling blocks in the

way of just basic human conversation

We can't make any assumptions about

someone based on their appearance, we

simply have to use this very careful

skirting around the edges of conversation and it

means people can't act in a way that

they always have in society. If they see

a woman wearing a dress, they say

"she's doing this" or "she's doing that" and

they get all hoity-toity and say "well I'm

a He, How dare you! You've offended me!" I

understand the kind of conversation

people are having but the laws are being

shaped to start prosecuting people for

having a contrary opinion on these things. I think

when we get to the basis of gender and

this is becoming a very confusing topic

for a lot of people in our society, a lot

of your listeners, when suddenly they

can't even look at someone and refer to

them as 'he' or 'she' they have to have an

introductory conversation or (ask) "Which

pronoun would you prefer I use?" It's

becoming quite aggressive from the safe

spaces in places like Monash University

where I think your academic comes from.

You know that's the same university that

has trigger warnings now before their

lectures to say that there's all sorts

of things we're going to talk about here

that might shock, horrify or offend you

and we want to give you a trigger

warning - such as 'scopophobia'. We may

make eye contact with you and if that

triggers a response that causes you

trauma, we have to give you a warning

beforehand about

scopophobia. (Tomlinson: Fair enough, lot's changing

in the world I think.) A lot's

changing and I'm not sure it's all for the better Sarah.

for the better Sarah.

For more infomation >> Political correctness from the dark recesses of Melbourne universities - Duration: 1:27.

-------------------------------------------

HD Trailer - Shining Light on Dark Matter - Duration: 0:39.

Dark matter

Dark matter

My name is Kristy Hopley

and I am interested

in the biggest questions physicists

today have for our known universe.

One of these is, what is dark matter?

It's been almost 90 years since Fritz

Zwicky published his paper quantifying

the need for dark matter, however we still don't

have an accurate answer to that question.

Join me as I interview fourteen

different scientists of all different calibres

to understand how we can look

for something that we can't see.

I'll see you there

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét