Thứ Tư, 29 tháng 8, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Aug 29 2018

Okay so today we're going to talk about how to build your very own self-service

kiosk.

So this applies to you if you've got a cafe, a restaurant, or some sort of a

retail store, where you want to do some sort of self-service. Whether that's to

reduce staff or just to make things more efficiently. And I needed to do this for

one of my businesses so I'm the managing director of a group of companies and one

of my businesses we're having a few difficulties with staff we wanted to

build a self-service to make things a lot more smooth and much better for

the customer so they could actually go through and choose what they wanted.

And you can see a great example of self-service at the moment with

McDonald's. So if you go into any McDonald's restaurant, you'll see these

huge tablets now they're six foot tall you go up and you start typing on them.

So McDonald's are one of the leaders in the industry actually creating this this

software and the hardware that goes with it. And they spent absolutely millions

and millions of dollars and pounds or euros actually developing this and it's

paid off really well for McDonald's. If you look at their share price since

they've implemented this their share prices just skyrocketed which gives you

an insight into what happened there they're actually making a lot more

profit from this technology by you know actually utilizing those staff that were on

the front kiosk taking your order so now put those into the into the into the

restaurant into the into the back to actually work on food processing more or

they're just simply cutting a lot of staff so that you know they're keeping

some of their best staff and some of the staff that aren't as good there may be

moving them on. So that's what McDonald's have done there the market

leader so if you've looked into this yourself you'll probably notice just how

expensive it is to build self-service and I've come up with a really really

extremely cheap way to do it. Because within this company that I've got it's

still startup it's three years in and although it's profitable it's making a

good profit the staff costs are really swallowing a lot of that profit and it's

causes very long queues I mean the queues

through the you know out the door in our shop some days are ridiculous so

self-service; bringing in a couple of kiosks is gonna solve that so let me show you

how I did it. So first thing what I did was I did the typical went on Google and

search lots of companies that build self-service and what I found which was

quite surprising for me in this is 2018 bearing in mind we're not you know 1990s

right now nearly every POS, so that's your point-of-sale service is not

offering self-service 99 percent is still the cashier behind the counter

typing it in. Which is crazy! I mean we need more tech companies to be

developing this now. So with all that said, I went around and I only found six

companies that offer self-service. And the prices range from a 10,000 pound

development through to a quarter of a million pounds which is ridiculous. It

will take too long to get my return on investment back on that. So what I did

was I did a little bit of research and I found out there was a point of sale

called square it's not a UK company it's actually an American company based out

of San Francisco and they have this fantastic software you don't have to pay

fees either on the POS like a lot of these big

companies they charge you three hundred pounds five hundred pounds or even

dollars thousand dollars a year for using their point of sale software

Square which is this here they don't charge you anything you just buy the

software buy the hardware you use the software for free and they make their

money from the actual transactions so this is the great thing about Square

fantastic we've set it up it's working great and now we're actually gonna go

from using in the shop where the cashier types in to using the self-service so

here's what I did and I had to you know go back and forth with Square a lot on

this because no one's done it before. So what we've got right now is in store we

have our cashier with the iPad so we have one of these iPads so this is a

bubble tea milkshake drink company and this is how the cashier so you come

along and you want a drink so let's say you want a milkshake you want a bubble

gum milkshake you click this and you know you select

what you want if you only jelly or anything else in it and then you really

simply just add it so that's it and then the charge. That's how the cashier is

doing it all I've done now is just alter this a little bit so it's more simple

and someone on the front can do it so as a customer you come in and you just

press this button so as an example it will be in the hardware which is here

I'll show you this in a minute we'll get it all set up in the shop and it's so

simple you simply touch your card to the reader and it pays for it and you need

to do a little bit of tweaking so I've actually had to buy an Ethernet board

from Star micronics because some of the printers most the printers with this are

bluetooth so you'll have to do if you've got a Bluetooth printer at the moment

you'll have to actually take the Bluetooth board out and replace it with

this so this is an Ethernet board. You'll then have your printer at the front of

house and they'll be connected by an Ethernet circuit so that's another

matter all in itself you really go look at

Ethernet networks but it's not hard to say that you plug it into your your

Wi-Fi router you run the wire to the printer run it to this other printer and it all

works nicely so let's head out now we pack this up we're gonna head out to the

shop which is about 30 minutes away from from my home and we're gonna get this

set up and show you how it all works all right so let's do that now

okay so we're inside the shop now and we've set up the hardware so they come

out the boxes we have the stand we have the card reader and then this is

the shop iPad. So we already had the iPad just loaded the software on it put

on the self service now the thing to note is you have to build this yourself

it's not too difficult but it does take a little bit of playing around with it

but once it's built its built then so that's set up we've got two of these set

up we've got the Ethernet printer set up and the last thing that we'll need to

do with this is to actually bolt this down so that someone doesn't just pick

it up and run off with it so what we'll do here is we'll cut out a square of the

grass same here to put this down and you actually get a toolkit with it and the

great thing about the toolkit is that you have a cleaning cloth and adhesive

mount or a drill mount so this is the drill mount took it from the other box

and I'm actually going to use this so you'll need it comes with a drill bit so

you'll actually need to drill through your counter and that goes into the

bottom of that and you haven't got the grass underneath that would be

absolutely solid no one will be able to take that and run away with it and also

the iPad, unless you actually know how to get it out no one's gonna be able to

grab that and pull it out either so that is the the hardware side all installed

now the only last thing we need to do which is the bit I said a little bit

tricky is the ethernet so with most printers especially at the back there,

they're going to be bluetooth they'll be connected to a one iPad to a printer and that

will be bluetooth all you need is you need this to connect to this but also to

connect to the printer behind the actual counter because otherwise the person

making the drinks it you know wherever you are restaurant coffee shop etc they

won't know what this and all that and unfortunately you can't

do that from the Bluetooth so it has to be an Ethernet printer so I'm going to

take this now and I'm going to take out the Bluetooth and I'm gonna install the

Ethernet in the back printer there. And the other thing to notice is this white

wire that is the ethernet wire.

That Ethernet wire comes in to a splitter (Switch) there which we'll show you in a

second and then the splitter comes in to this and then to that printer but apart

from that is fairly straightforward to set up. Okay so we just had a couple of

people trial the self service, took a little bit longer than than I expected

for it to be set up I was expecting it to take about ten minutes it's taken

about an hour as with anything a couple of technical snags I'm gonna get on this

now I'm going to order myself a drink so let's go for a green apple let's add

in some blueberry popping bubbles really simple there we go you can see the order

on screen there actually I can customize it more if I want to but I don't want to

you know, I can customize my sugar level how cold I want it, how many ect but

that's good so I'm just going to hit charge here I'm gonna take my phone and

I'm going to just use contactless

okay and then I don't know if you heard but it printed a stub here and then a stub

back there if we want to get that

all right order number three!

that's good! ;) Okay so there you have it that's how you set up a self-service

kiosk without a lot of money you know a few hundred pounds for the equipment and

Ethernet and that's it you're good to go!

Who am I looking at?

*Mumbles*

Who am I looking at you? Yeah

okay ready yeah green apple fruit tea with blueberry bubbles?

Thank you- Where's my stub at?

For more infomation >> How to Build a Low-Cost Self-Service for your Small Business - Duration: 10:26.

-------------------------------------------

Go on Azure, Part 7—Build a Go app with Buffalo and deploy to Azure | Azure Friday - Duration: 9:13.

>> Buffalo is one of the most popular frameworks

to build web apps with Go.

But did you know there's a plug in to

deploy to Azure easily,

and even generate code that will

integrate well with Azure services?

Well, Martin Strobel is going to show us how to build

a Go application with Buffalo and

deploy it to Azure App Service,

today, on Azure Friday.

Welcome to Azure Friday.

I'm Erik St Martin and with me today

is Martin Strobel to talk about Go Buffalo,

and how we can deploy it straight to Azure.

>> Hi, yeah, that's right.

Yeah. As you were saying, that

the Buffalo framework is one of

the most popular ways of getting

a web app started and going quickly in Go.

So, I've been using it for a little while,

making sure that all

of my services can get off the ground,

I can deliver them as quickly as I can.

But, well, it was really easy to get a container,

using a Buffalo app, because it gives

you a Dockerfile or that kind of thing.

I noticed that there were still all of

this work that I had to go to do to

configure the infrastructure in Azure,

to make it so that I could

run that containerized application well.

That just seemed wrong to me.

I felt like this is all boilerplate stuff,

there really out of your way, to just go,

do it, get it done, fast,

try to get as few commands between

somebody and their application running in the cloud.

So, we gave it a shot.

So, if anybody's used Buffalo before,

they might be familiar with this default application.

I can run it here on my local machine.

It's just starts up a background task.

I can come over to a browser, pop it open.

Look, here we go.

Basic Buffalo application.

I've already set up my databases,

so that there's an instance running

on PostgreSQL here on my local machine in Docker.

>> Okay.

>> But, now, I need

to get it into

a position where I can run it in the cloud.

>> We've got to do it live.

>> We've got to do it live, that's right.

I want to have it in the cloud.

My mom keeps telling me that things

are in the cloud, I want to get it out there.

So, there's this handy-dandy plugin

that's available to you now,

under the Buffalo Azure subcommands, called Provision.

If we give it the dash x flag,

it doesn't actually do the point yet.

It just goes and modifies our project,

so that it has the portion

needed so that my plugin

knows how to do the deployment later.

I'll get it. We give it a name.

>> This is similar to like in it

or something I can muster commands.

>> Yeah. That's right. So, instead of doing a Buffalo

in it or a DEP in it or something like that.

This one is specifically.

I intend on putting

this particular application into Azure,

Go initialise that. We give it a name.

So, in this case,

we call it Azure Friday one.

We're off to the races. It did that pretty quick.

All it did was go and hit the wire

to pull down an arm template so that it

knows what infrastructure to go actually deploy in Azure,

and then added the parameters that I had provided here,

and the ones that either detected by going and looking

at the Buffalo project into a file.

So, if we pop open as we

deployed our parameters to our JSON. Take a look.

You can start seeing some of

the particular details that we plugged in

about our project, Azure Friday one.

>> So, it recognize that now we're

using PostgreSQL as the database,

and database name got pulled out. Things like that.

>> That's right. It was, as you were saying,

it's just going and reading the

database,.yml file that was

already part of our Buffalo project.

I did have to go make one tweak to it and replace

the default to context that

Buffalo shoved in there with something that said,

go look for my particular environment variable,

that's where I'm going to want it.

From there, I guess,

it's a good point to say.

Well, what if we wanted to inject

some cloud services that we wanted to use?

So, in addition to just deploying to Azure,

we can actually take this plug in and extend it out,

so that we can take advantage of Event Grid.

A Event Grid is a messaging solution,

that's each to be based inside of Azure,

so that you can get

PUB/SUB mini text between your services.

So, if you do a Buffalo generate.

>> So, in this case, what you wanted

to do is provision this in

addition to the things that it can auto detect.

>> That's right. So, you

would probably want to add into your Arm Template,

it then Grid the topic.

But there's also some code that you want to inject into

your application to actually handle

the events when Event Grid calls you,

because we're going to be adding

a subscriber portion into our Buffalo application.

So, if we say buffalo generate eventgrid,

we're going to call it Ingress,

because that's what we're going to be

being made aware of.

Microsoft.Storage.BlobCreated events by Event Grid.

So, with this one commands,

Buffalo goes and modifies our application to

have added a new path inside of the application,

so that we have a new endpoint expose

that will be able to be called

by Event Grid and handle events that are passed to it.

We also have a file called ingress.go generated for us.

That will go actually,

let the application know that,

when it sees a Microsoft.Storage.BlobCreated event,

it should go and it should use

the statically typed call to serialize that for you.

So, really if you just.

>> Now, this was generated by the plugin itself.

>> Yeah. That's right. So, with one commands,

all of a sudden you've got

stubs that you can go and implement.

Let's say, "Hey, want a new blob

that's created in Azure?Let me know about it."

Then go call this method.

It does all the routing for you.

Just makes everything work.

>> That's awesome.

>> Yeah. Let's see.

So, we were looking at generating that,

and if we want to see it running locally,

we can do another Buffalo Dev.

See those endpoints added into our application.

Just lit up. Now, it is time to get into the cloud.

So, if we take that Buffalo Azure Provision command

from early on before where we give it a dash x

to say don't actually go do it yet.

Now, we're going to really do it.

But we don't need to give

it a name or anything because it cached those parameters,

we'll use all of the same settings that we used before,

so that we have a deploying model

that's configurable and reproducible.

All the good quality stuff that you want to service.

So, this will take off.

It's going to go, make a new Arm Template in Azure.

This takes a few minutes. We don't want to wait for that.

>> We're in a hurry.

>> That's right. So, I have

the same application over here called Azure Friday 2.

It's very similar.

It didn't have the Event Grid stuff added into it.

But other than that, if we take a look,

it has all of the same stuff

we added in azuredeployedljson,

and a new database configuration.

Here we ran that Buffalo Azure Provision

and we waited for it to finish.

If we come over to a browser,

where I already have it typed in,

and we do a refresh.

You'll see we have a Website called Azure Friday 2,

running our containerised version,

running in the Cloud,

connect talking to our PostgreSQL database.

>> All of this, you were able to do straight from

the Buffalo command line without actually having to

go into that easy SLI

or into the portal or anything like that?

>> That's right. Didn't have to touch it.

>> Now, that's a spam.

>> Yeah. I'm really excited about.

I know it's made it so that when I time myself,

I can get a website without a database,

from no new directory,

to running in the cloud in about four minutes.

So, it really, I mean, it's I could do split.

>> Three would be better.

>> Three would be better. I'll work on it.

Bring me back next year, Illl have an update.

>> Well, thanks so much for coming on.

>> Yeah. Thank you. Today we were learning all about

the Azure plugin for Go Buffalo here on Azure Friday.

For more infomation >> Go on Azure, Part 7—Build a Go app with Buffalo and deploy to Azure | Azure Friday - Duration: 9:13.

-------------------------------------------

How To Build a Dream Marketing Team (From Scratch) - Duration: 5:46.

For more infomation >> How To Build a Dream Marketing Team (From Scratch) - Duration: 5:46.

-------------------------------------------

How to build an emergency savings fund in three steps - Duration: 1:59.

Narrator: So, do you have money saved just for emergencies?

Yes…no. I'm really trying to deal with, like, getting though school first.

Female: Yeah. Male: Yup.

No. [Laughs]

Well, this is the first time I'm hearing this term…emergency savings fund?

Oh, wow.

Wow.

Woo!

Wow, that's quite a lot.

If I go ahead and pay myself first, save it first, then I'm like, "Okay, this is all we have for the month, so let's see what we can do with it!"

It's one of those things where, I've started—like I have multiple savings accounts

for separate things. So, you know, I can have all my holidays

and gifts and all that. That fun can be over here, while I'm saving up for something big, like law school, over here.

I use a ton of apps online that like, it helps you—it gives you your statements throughout the week, so it tells you

how much you spent on groceries and how much you spent on clothes or whatever.

So it helps you manage your savings for the month.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét