Thứ Tư, 29 tháng 8, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Aug 29 2018

hi everyone I'm Whitney and I post videos here on my channel to help stores

of all skill levels learn new projects and techniques this week I'll be sharing

a DIY inspiration for the bb-8 poodle style skirt that I made as well as the

matching petticoat I showed both of these recently in my vintage style

clothing collection video but I wanted to do a separate video talking more in

depth about them and kind of the process that I went through making them in case

anyone is interested in learning more about that so I was inspired to make

this skirt when I saw the original one on Instagram I was scrolling through my

feed and a picture popped up that someone had shared or was an ad I'm not

really sure but it was a picture of a light grey skirt that had a bb-8 and

then the little orange rickrack coming out like a poodle skirt I will have a

link below to the picture that I saw on Instagram as well as any other pictures

I can find so you can see the original version of the skirt so I took a quick

screenshot of the picture and then just kept scrolling through my feed but I

knew that I wanted to make a version of that skirt for myself so I kept looking

back on it in my photos on my phone and thinking I have to make this skirt but I

wasn't in any rush to make it because I didn't really have an event to wear it

to I didn't want to go out and spend a lot of money on supplies right then and

so I just kind of had it on the back burner but I was kind of thinking it

over in my mind and figuring out the different aspects of it I did go ahead

and search through Etsy and a few other sites to find a bb-8 patch that I liked

it was a little difficult to find a larger patch I knew I wanted at least a

6-inch patch to make the scale look right I wish I could have found like an

8-inch one but I just couldn't but I ended up finding one on Etsy that was

six inches tall and I picked that up as well as three of their smaller patches

that are four inches in case I want to make something coordinating for Jeremiah

and the I will have a link below to the exact

patch that I bought as well as my Ebates link I shopped through Ebates to save a

little bit of money on my purchase it was just a few cents but hey every penny

counts so if you aren't using Ebates you should this is not sponsored I'm just

telling you how I like to save money when I purchased up online I go through

Ebates save a little bit of money it's really cool I prefer a link below where

you can get some extra money if you want to check it out

like I said not sponsored just sharing how I made my purchase

anyway and so I went ahead and bought the patch and have it in my sewing room

I also went ahead and bought the orange rickrack when it was half off at Hobby

Lobby so I was trying to get my supplies here and there so I could catch it on

sale or use discounts so that I wasn't splurging a whole lot to make this

project at one time I did find out later the original skirt cost about $100 and I

made mine for like $10 so I definitely was able to save a lot of money which is

awesome in my book oh and I did find out after the fact that the original skirt

was made by a company called her universe I was told this by a Disney

Store employee and who actually owns one of the skirts she saw me wearing my

skirt because we went to the Disney Store after an event and she said she

owned the original skirt it retailed for about $100 and she actually liked my

version better so that was really encouraging that someone who has seen

both versions said that they like to find better like that was that was

really cool so like I said I started out with zero timeline as to when I wanted

to make this skirt I was in no rush but I did attend a convention earlier this

summer whenever I go to a convention whether a dress up or not I almost

always come home wanting to make something wanting to either make a

cosplay or a new outfit or something so I came home

wanting to finally make this skirt and while I was at the convention I happen

to remember all of the trash bags full of curtains that some friends had given

me a few months prior they gave me ten of those giant black trash bags full of

curtains from a remodel project they're working on and I hadn't gone through all

of the bags yet I'm slowly working through them and washing the curtains

and taking apart and all that but I remembered seeing some gray texture

curtains so I was starting to put things together in thinking I could use those

curtains and make this skirt I already have the patch I already have the

ricrac I had everything I needed I could go home and make this skirt so

Peyton was at a sleepover at my parents house and so I put Skyler to bed and I

started in making my skirt so I got started at 10 p.m. which is pretty late

to start a project and I decided I was going to vlog the process but as you can

see this is not a progress blog and that's because the project was a

disaster I had chosen to use simplicity 8 4 4 6 which as you can tell is a

vintage reprint pattern from the 50s the original version of the pattern was a

full circle skirt but you may notice this is not a full circle skirt this is

a half circle skirt and I did not catch that when I originally bought the

pattern and when I was about to start in on it until I got everything out of the

envelope endless cutting the pieces out that's when I caught on to the fact that

this is not a circle skirt pattern so I ended up starting by having to draft my

own a circle skirt pattern which took some time but I knew I still wanted to

use parts of this pattern because I love the shape of the waistband here so my

original plan was to use the waistband and the pockets and then use my own

drafted skirt pattern so I got going I got everything cut out I started sewing

and it was just awful so in this design the pockets are way up

here at the top but the skirt sits at your natural waist so the pockets are

right up on your upper stomach area which is way too high like they're not

usable at all and then in fact on the left side where her hand is what she is

hiding is where the zipper is sewn in on the backside the zipper is sewn to the

back on the front side like the front half of the zipper it is sewn to the

pocket lining I had never done this before and I tried it several times and

it looked absolutely terrible it showed it was lumpy looking it just looked

awful it was the worst zipper I have ever sewn in in my lifetime I got the

skirt all the way to the point where I needed to hang it overnight and then I

was going to hem it in the morning this was at 2:00 a.m. and I hung this skirt

up and I went to bed but as I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep I knew I

was not happy with this skirt I could not wear it in public and proudly say

yes I made this skirt it is not up to my standards and I did not want to finish

it so in the morning I decided I was going to just chalk that whole skirt up

to being a mock-up and a practice version and I was going to start over so

the second version of the skirt is actually the skirt that you all have

seen it went so much better I used my self drafted skirt pattern I

also drafted pockets that would go lower in the skirt and then I used the

waistband from this skirt so with the pockets being down lower now they're

actually below the zipper I got them in perfectly nicely and I have a pop of

color in the pockets I used an orange polka dot print for inside the pocket

that when you're just wearing the skirt without your hands in the pockets you

can't even tell that the pockets are there you don't see the orange peeking

out and the zipper went in nicely I started in the same way I saw in all of

my skirt zippers which I have a separate video on that's linked down below in the

description box and I'm just so much happier with how the second version of

the skirt went it went so smoothly and I absolutely love it when the skirt

was completely done I went ahead and made the petticoat that I'll talk about

here and a little bit and I waited until the petticoat was done to add the patch

and the rickrack because I wanted to make sure everything

laid properly on the skirt with the petticoat underneath but what I did was

I put the petticoat on I put the skirt on and then I stood in front of a mirror

and kind of practiced where I wanted the patch to be pent it in place make sure I

liked the position of it and then I put the end of the ricrac

underneath where the patch would be and tacked it down then put the patch on top

and sewed around it this way the end of the ricrac is hidden underneath the

patch so this way it has a really nice finished look and the other end of the

ricrac is tucked in to the inside and tacked down right at the top of the

zipper I hadn't actually worked with ricrac much in the past but I really

liked it I was surprised how nicely it laid even around like curves and

everything I could get it to lay really smooth and that was a really nice

surprise I didn't think it would go on so nicely but I really liked it and I

think I will try to work with ricrac some more in the future

this skirt turned out exactly how I wanted it and I am so glad I originally

was going to use either a button or snaps for the waistband closure right

above the zipper but I am so glad that at the last minute I decided to go with

a hook and bar closure so it is hidden and yeah I think that was a really good

decision once the skirt was complete I of course needed a petticoat for it the

original her univers skirt was not shown with a petticoat

but I knew I wanted a petticoat and I wanted a big one and I wanted it to have

orange on the bottom and I just like exactly knew in my mind what kind of

petticoat I wanted and in my mind I'm picturing like The Wallflowers at a sock

hop I've seen a picture where it's like a bunch of girls lined up on

at a dance and they all have their petticoats and everything on and you

just see like mountains of tulle that's like you know right at their knee level

just ulle everywhere and so like that is what I wanted for this skirt so while I

was still in the planning stages for this project there was a local fabric

store that went out of business and I picked up a lot of tulle for really

really inexpensive there but since I hadn't worked out all the details for

the skirt I just had to guess on the measurements and thankfully I guessed

pretty closely like I actually ended up having some tulle left over which was

good especially since I paid so little for it and then I found this a great

tutorial on YouTube that I actually used to make my petticoat I didn't make it

exactly like hers I did change how I did the top level but a lot of the math and

everything was still really close to what she used and I will leave a link to

the petticoat tutorial that I referred to down below in the description box

because I did not film a tutorial this is the very first time I've ever made a

petticoat so I did not want to be focused on trying to film it and mess

something up as well as the fact that it is really hard to film white tulle like

when you're working with white tulle it is hard enough to see it let alone film

it so for my petticoat the top layer is the same orange and white polka-dot

cotton that I used for the lining of the skirt pockets and the measurements on

that are five and a half by 48 inches the rest of the petticoat is actually

essentially two different petticoats that are sewn three rows each and then

once each individual one is completed they are sewn together to that orange

cotton layer so the first row of the tulle layer is eight inches by four

yards the next layer is eight inches by twelve yards and the third one is seven

and a half inches by 36 yards long and of course it's not nearly as much

material as it sounds like because so for like the 4-yard row I was using

white tulle that was 60 inches from edge to edge so I just had to cut a couple of

strips that were the eight inches by the 60 inches and that was my four yards and

I just sewed those into a loop and I had my eight inches by four yards row so not

nearly as much fabric as it sounds it is just really really time-consuming to cut

all those strips and then piece them all together now of course each of those are

gathered down to fit the row above it so I started with the 36-yard row and I

gathered it down to fit the 12-yard row above it and then the 12-yard one was

gathered down to fit the 4-yard one now laying out a loop that is 36 yards

around and trying to equally pin it to the row above that is an interesting

task it took my entire living room and I would like match up one area and then

try to find the halfway point all the way across it so 18 yards away and then

pinned that to the halfway point on the row above and I would add about like 18

pins and then pretty much give up and just take it to the sewing machine and

gather by hand as I went and it worked out fine it's not like 100% evenly

gathered but no one's gonna know there's so much volume you cannot tell so once

all of that was done I picked up a slip at the thrift store is just a premade

slip because at this point I was ready to be done and I added it to the inside

for the lining unfortunately I did trim about five inches off the slip and it

was a couple inches too much so the last seam of the tulle does kind of rub my

legs some so I may have to add a little extender to that I'm not sure

but you know it happens sometimes so then for the top I just slightly

gathered it so it would fit my natural waist size and then I added bias binding

around the top I left a little bit extra on it in case I ever need to wear it

down at my hips I have the little bit of extender there and I just added a snap

and my petticoat was done it really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be

to make it was just a lot more time than I thought it would be

I made the petticoat over one weekend is when I made it so I worked on that

several hours over a couple of different days but I'm really happy with how it

turned out and occasionally I wish I would have made it like all white or

something like that would be more versatile but I do really love how the

orange looks on the bottom it's nice little surprise when someone sees the

petticoat how it you can tell it was made to go with the skirt and I really

really like that I have worn this skirt a couple of times already I wore it to a

pinup Bazaar as well as a local comic convention and I got several compliments

both times which was so sweet and then like I said earlier on the way back from

the convention we stopped at the Disney Store and all of the employees who saw

me wearing it just complimented and bragged about how nice it looked and

they like I said they had all seen the original version of the skirt in person

and so that was just so nice that they everyone was so sweet about it and

everyone liked my skirt and I still do have those other three patches that I

mentioned earlier the one for Jeremiah for Skyler and for Peyton I'm trying to

decide what to use them for so that we can kind of have like coordinating

family outfits because we're you know dorky like that but I don't think I want

to make skirts for the girls because I would like this to be something we can

wear for awhile and I feel like if I made circle skirts for Peyton and Skyler

they would outgrow fairly quickly so I'm not really sure what I want to do

with them yet so if you have any ideas on that on ways I could use these

patches for a whole family thing let me know in the comments below because I

definitely need some suggestions on that and make sure you subscribe to my

channel because I have lots of other awesome videos coming up soon and until

next time happy sewing

For more infomation >> BB-8 Skirt and Petticoat - 1950s Inspired Fashion | DIY Inspiration | Whitney Sews - Duration: 17:40.

-------------------------------------------

Meghan Markle breaks royal fashion rule with tuxedo mini dress as she attends special charity perfor - Duration: 2:26.

 Meghan Markle – also known as the Duchess of Sussex – broke a major royal fashion rule when she stepped out with husband Prince Harry on Wednesday August 29 in a mini tuxedo dress

   The former Suits actress sported a shorter length dress than usual for the special gala performance of Hamilton West End, which took place at London's Victoria Palace Theatre

 Meghan, as well as her sister-in-law Kate Middleton, often wear dresses or skirts that fall below the knee, and the pair often avoid wearing shorts

But Meghan's latest look bucked the trend.   So where is Prince William's sister-in-law's outfit from?   Meghan's black tuxedo dress is listed as Digital Dress on Judith and Charles

 The wool dress also features v-plunge detail, falls above the knee, boasts double breasted button detail, and has two patch pockets

   The chic garment retails for 550 Canadian Dollar, which is the equivalent of just under £330

   Meghan pinned her dark brunette locks up in a sleek bun, to ensure all eyes were on her designer outfit – and a lavish looking pair of gold drop down earrings

   The 37 year old completed her ensemble with Paul Andrew heels, instead of her signature Aquazzura heels

   The staple footwear item are believed to be the Pump It Up heels, which are made of black grosgrain and linen canvas, and look very similar to the designer brand's Pointed Toe Pumps that cost a whopping £495

 Meghan also clasped at a black and gold boxy clutch to complete the look.   This means Meghan's complete outfit costs, approximately, an eye watering £825

For more infomation >> Meghan Markle breaks royal fashion rule with tuxedo mini dress as she attends special charity perfor - Duration: 2:26.

-------------------------------------------

Commercial interest in Māori fashion designs grows - Duration: 2:52.

For more infomation >> Commercial interest in Māori fashion designs grows - Duration: 2:52.

-------------------------------------------

Simple and Beautiful Silk thread earringsChandbali Silk Thread EarringsJewellery Making Fashion - Duration: 4:31.

For more infomation >> Simple and Beautiful Silk thread earringsChandbali Silk Thread EarringsJewellery Making Fashion - Duration: 4:31.

-------------------------------------------

Kris Jenner Shows Off Her '62 Years Of Collecting' Fashion in Swoon-Worthy Closet Tour - News Today - Duration: 3:29.

 Kris Jenner's massive closet is a fashionista's dream.  The Kardashian-Jenner matriarch showed off her "62 years of collecting" to close friend and Judith Leiber Couture creative director Dee Hilfiger in an intimate closet tour that will leave you swooning

 "This is kind of where it all happens. We shoot a television show almost every single day, so we have to have a lot of choices," Jenner explains as she shows off her impressive collection of gowns, blazers, handbags and shoes

 The KarJenner momager has a special section reserved for one staple in her wardrobe — black blazers — and keeps more than 20 lined up

But surprisingly, they aren't what Jenner reaches for first when she's getting dressed

 "This is what I wear every single day," Jenner says as she points to her array of sweatsuits

"So this would be the first place, my first stop is a sweatsuit. And that is how I am most comfortable

"  Despite the size of her closet, Jenner admits every single piece holds a special place in her heart

"Some of the things I've had for so many years, the bag collection and every single thing I have has a really wonderful memory," she says

 Like daughter Kylie Jenner's huge handbag closet, Jenner keeps all of her pursed lined up neatly on display

One of Jenner's oldest pieces — a small champagne Judith Leiber Couture clutch — carries many memories

"The first every Judith Leiber bag I got was this one. Robert Kardashian gave this to me for Christmas in like 1980

Isn't it beautiful? I don't even, I am afraid to take it out these days. I don't even want to use it anymore," she says of the gift from her late ex-husband

 Another bag she cherishes is a crystal clutch from the label that she inherited from her late friend, Stephanie

 "This is very sentimental to me this one because my girlfriend Stephanie passed away about 10 years ago and her kids gave me this

It was hers. So I carry this with such love and a lot of great memories," Jenner explains

"She was my friend for many, many years so that is very special to me."  Get a complete glimpse inside the star's enviable closet in the full video above!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét