Thứ Tư, 29 tháng 8, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Aug 29 2018

Community Garden Project Plans 8 - Multicultural People Gathering Together to Build A Paradise

This is the community player update for the new communal garden here at

Nickels and dimes for nickel Street. Thank you. Hello, JC. Tell me about the day

Today's a win day organized between Salix homes and

New Deal for commuters I

Saw you down at probation service was fabulous his team of young men came in

it's okay a lot of bushes and shrubs and the fencing and

We're now just sort of the lights of stages. We hope

This is the first time we've actually been able to work on the land itself, I'm treasurer of the residents group here

What tom has been a brick whole way through for us making phone calls chasing people crime prevention

Gating it's been a long hard slog, but we're hoping that in the next four to eight weeks

People see something for all the hard work that we've done

My name - whistle waste awareness officer

property counsel

So I'm gonna give them two large

recycle bin soft little service this area because the moment recycling is very poor here because it's not full of bins in the interest of

Awfully, we put these bins up there and they will learn recycle better

Within the next six to eight weeks, I'm sure that everything all the

Trees

Growing potatoes growing our allocations that sort of thing as I said somebody I'm the 28th of this month

coming down

To do a couple of words. Where are they a frog? They're from groundwork?

This is the first actual

Project that we've undertaken with a small alleyway crew that's involved a great piece of a great deal of land. You can see what excite

You'd have seen in its first stage is it was full of bushes along here with brown fencing or what came out

And we waited a while to get the railroads in the security

I

Think we've ended up we as a community of people to still be able to sit out here a nice sunny evenings

And enjoy one another's corner. It will bring us together as a community

Great believes in diversity, we've got students we've got

All sorts of people were being here

We want to integrate everybody into the community and we hope all that will help us along the way

This looks a normal grasses like this after these guys over here teddy

See all grass I can go

This slide you can see the actual thing. Yeah. Look this is me before video

Bitch I can tell if I came here after everything got loans

These are all the rocks we dug up so far

You see more down there people are still digging you don't have that many holes as you can see we just start over here. Oh

It's still to go

There's a huge hole right here we dug that rock up I

rock this huge

know if you can see how I

Don't even know if the cameras getting justice to how huge is where I actually was it took two people to move in

Just to get it out of a hole think it's on another cornerstones of a building. It just goes to show that um,

when they tear down a building, they don't actually

Tear down the building and clear the lot it just take most of the debris zand I bury it back until the soil

So

Really need to change how we

Demo buildings, make sure that the clear stuff and take it

I'll reuse it

Break it down cuz you easily

take those limestone's and use them for something else but start to have been as

big burial stones dug deep and

Everything for 40 50 years

You see everyone's still helping out

Clearing stuff didn't

He's doing a good job bringing up the dirt

About time for me to get back to work

This is where we're at you

Can see I don't know without what I want to do because I finished up the landing out the half

It's happy that we do this anyway. Mm-hm. Oh the ladybug land on me today, which means we're doing something good

Yeah, I'm just outlining this hair

Getting it up so we can go home. This is the end of our day going

through ground to go and

Just wrapping up in general. We got a lot of plants over there. I don't even know if they are gonna go into the ground

We've still got a lot of stuff here

over there and zoom in they're actually

looking at stuff

Not seeds they're

Potatoes over there looking at potatoes right now

a

long day, a lot of people are put in a lot of work and I'm sure everyone's dogs are barking right now and

Various aches and pains are starting to set in

Stop Negro clamp

And the kids here are having fun throwing soil on the on the plant they are planting

Are you guys having fun? Yeah. Yeah more fun, too

With feed people fresh things

You know more people come out for the next time we are out here doing more work

Oh, yeah, I think we can promote it better tribute to the folks in the neighborhood

So we'll do some more commotion to get some more people out

But I think once they see things get started they'll be interested and just to get a perspective

This is the area we were working in. This is some of the other areas

and

See that house actually over there this condemned

Board it up and probably maintained by the city

But um, you can see it's not that vegetation is that I've controlled not really well maintained at all

Guys looking here. This is the absolute end of the first day seeing

new plant life growing over here

But the gardening flag

Here our store informations and just put those there

Move the rocks out of the way

basically

to make space for the

garden over here, which

marked by very sticks

It is our plant garden and

See

start

Right here and so far it's extending that far

You can see back in the back is a compost pile

So

There are quite a few plans here

Look at how much it's changed even now even though

So, yeah, that's it for

this week

doing guerilla gardening and

northing Lewis since it's a great experience and I

Will see you guys next week

I'm at the community garden where I have a plot of land as well as

other people have

plots here as well and

we

Grow vegetables here. Everything's organic. And today I'm going to show you what we do here

For me

Yes

My plot

Where I grow various things so we can take a closer look at some of the things there's okra right there

This is what baby okra looks like

This is about I don't know a week old after it came up

Those are some

Tomatoes these are the bigger Tomatoes. I'm the short kind there, but there's some kind of heirloom

Tomatoes they look pretty quick and I put my hand

Under it, you know you can see how big they are

These are cherry tomatoes. This is my giant plant. This is

There is more ripe ones before you can see them

If you're one but there's still like both all these tomatoes are pretty small in general like right there

There is a pretty interesting plant that is called

Climbing spinach with the red stem and

It's not exactly spinach as far as I understand

It's not really spinach at all, but it's called it because it can be substituted for spinach during the summer

Time and it has similar I guess

Nutritional values as well as in the back. You can see a lot of basil and another plant tomato plant that is kind of

Struggling a little bit here the potatoes with the potato flowers over there

Then there's

You probably can give this is corn

Close-up of corn

for you

It's about half my

size

Then there's another tomato plant that is still

young one

this one is

Garlic Flint

In section of the plant agenda. There's a guy with pinion

this is how the garlic looks when it grows and in the back over there that some

onions green onions that are actually we're getting close to being

Ready to be pulled out with these ones

This is

Celery it's going to be a celery which it's not supposed to be growing in the summer, but somehow it's going into summer

Hopefully it'll keep growing

This is not my plot this is somebody else's plot actually like it's a lot of schoolchildren

I

Don't know melon or something. That's really sure what it is. There's actually another interesting thing

This is a watermelon

climbing watermelon, I guess and

what we did this Saturday we put

Penny house and then and so now they're gonna grow inside pendejo

It's kind of interesting. I think these are cantaloupes

There is more of them actually down there

And the last thing I'm gonna show you is these

cucumbers

get a really cool look at the flower and it's

ready, and there is tons and tons of

them inside there, but

I'll just show you one this time

Mr. Williams

My name is Peter when I worked for Mary Queen fitnah

Community Development Corporation, my main job is

project manager for community garden

Besides that whatever job required for for us to form

My community service you also provide the translation for community members that doesn't speak English. I

Was born in Vietnam I came here when I was 11

our family was

Basically educated get my college degree up and also

Move down to Florida and decided to some farming

But what I know

From from the point of entry here in United States from from there to now

It's all American

this is the first time that I

even live in an area that has so many Vietnamese in this place and

I'm glad to be here because

Many time I feel I'm losing I lose in my language and and

Only been here four months, but I've been learning a lot

Look basically learning new words, and hopefully that

I know this my language getting better and better every day

It's like all activities or what people can and have to all things to do

Partners to like to come and show the pride what they've grown

And and and share to to the community, you know, that's I can grow this, you know

And it's good enough for me to eat. So it should be good enough for you to eat too. So they bring it out

The community I

Mean with all the modern grocery stores, they can shipped in tongues and housing economy

almost anything

But that

That's too easy

You know you gotta do

You gotta know where it come from

How

How the food became and how a good woman when it's enter your body you need to know

Where it come from that's why were promoting organic only. It's

Before I was farming came up chemically because that's the fastest way to get things done

So for now because we will find the land fit we don't want none of that in a community

We want to be a healthy one

Or reason we want to do a community garden because that value water. We're not sure it is clean

It's the same body body of waters. Run run by the the land care that waste management

Dump X basically right next to them

so any drainage from from landfill, they turn into the

Value and it runs through the community and we're not sure the water is clean enough for them to use it to to irrigate

The vegetables and food. I recently been visiting some

Some of the homes from the garden and catalog what they grow

So that when we have a good community garden, we're trying to persuade people not to plant the same thing

because a lot of people

Basically, there are basically eat the same type of vegetables and everybody

If you have 30 40 gardener, thanking the same thing

There are other herbs that we need it won't won't get you know gross so I coward them

so later on we have a garden when we when we divide the lot and a sign and I'll run them out to

people, you know

We're trying to do I have some kind of system to have say okay this season you plant

Just this amount of herb and vegetable and then next season you get to plant something else

the root is

They'd here to stay

There they're not here to plan one day to go all back to Vietnam

Otherwise, they wouldn't know we're gonna be opening up businesses and sends a cheering - she's good University

Family they're here to stay that then

That's temporary place

Even though they're the culture is back

Go there visit anytime. This is their home. This is where that work and churches are growing up

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét