Thứ Hai, 21 tháng 1, 2019

Auto news on Youtube Jan 21 2019

the South Korean Foreign Minister and the US Secretary of State exchanged

views on the recent high-level talks between Pyongyang and Washington during

a 90 minute phone call Monday morning Seoul's foreign ministry said the two

diplomats agreed to work closely together so that the North Korean envoy

recent visit to the US can successfully lead to the implementation of the

Singapore joint declaration they also discussed their country's defense

cost-sharing and promised to come to an agreement soon over that long pending

issue minister Chung kyung-wha and secretary Pompeo had initially planned

to meet in Davos this week but that plan was scrapped since Pompeo won't be going

to Davos

For more infomation >> Top diplomats from S. Korea and U.S. discuss North Korea and defense cost sharing over phone - Duration: 0:40.

-------------------------------------------

Top diplomats from S. Korea and U.S. discuss North Korea and defense cost sharing over phone - Duration: 0:44.

the South Korean Foreign Minister and US state secretary exchanged views on the

recent high-level talks between Pyongyang and Washington during a 90

minute phone call on Monday morning SARS foreign ministry said the two

diplomats agreed to work closely together so that the North Korean envoy

s recent visit to the US can successfully lead to the implementation

of the Singapore joint declaration they also discussed their defense

cost-sharing and promised to come to an agreement soon over the long overdue

issue South Korean foreign minister Chung kyung-wha and US Secretary of

State Mike Pompeo had initially planned to meet in Davos this week but that plan

got scrapped as Pompeo will not be attending the forum there

For more infomation >> Top diplomats from S. Korea and U.S. discuss North Korea and defense cost sharing over phone - Duration: 0:44.

-------------------------------------------

Many rally together to help raise money for United States Coast Guard employees - Duration: 1:47.

For more infomation >> Many rally together to help raise money for United States Coast Guard employees - Duration: 1:47.

-------------------------------------------

Top 10 Hotels in the United States - Duration: 8:29.

Top 10 Hotels in the United States

For more infomation >> Top 10 Hotels in the United States - Duration: 8:29.

-------------------------------------------

Senior officials from N. Korea, U.S. hold talks in Sweden to prepare for second summit - Duration: 1:52.

top story this morning senior officials from North Korea and the United States

have kicked off working-level talks in Sweden they are hoping to make progress

on a second summit between their leaders which the White House says will take

place near the end of February our kim hyusun starts us off

working-level talks between delegations of North Korea and the United States are

being held in Sweden in an effort to prepare for a second Kim Trump summit

North Korea's Vice foreign minister Cho song he and US Special Representative

for North Korea seven vegan kicked off their meeting on Saturday local time and

haven't appeared in public since this is their first meeting since vegan became

Washington's special representative for North Korea in August last year South

Korea's nuclear envoy IDO Cunha has also joined them for three-way talks which

are likely to focus on setting this summit agenda the three officials are

meeting at a highly secured retreat located some 50 kilometers northwest of

Stockholm this comes as Pyongyang top nuclear

envoy kim yeongcheol arrived in beijing on Sunday after

wrapping up his three-day visit to Washington he met with President Trump

to discuss the details of a second summit and also hand-delivered a

personal letter from North Korean leader Kim jong-un last Friday when the North

Korean official met US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo Pompeo said it's time

for Pyongyang's denuclearization commitments to be executed and

implemented he revealed his remarks during an interview with sinclair

broadcast group as he described the Trump administration's efforts to

denuclearize the Korean Peninsula now it's left to be seen whether the talks

in Sweden can break the current deadlock over denuclearization talks and lead to

a productive second summit Humason arirang news

For more infomation >> Senior officials from N. Korea, U.S. hold talks in Sweden to prepare for second summit - Duration: 1:52.

-------------------------------------------

Trump's Secretary Of State Just Flubbed Basic History In Embarrassing Attack Tweet - Duration: 2:24.

For more infomation >> Trump's Secretary Of State Just Flubbed Basic History In Embarrassing Attack Tweet - Duration: 2:24.

-------------------------------------------

Plug-in electric vehicles in the United States | Wikipedia audio article - Duration: 2:27:32.

For more infomation >> Plug-in electric vehicles in the United States | Wikipedia audio article - Duration: 2:27:32.

-------------------------------------------

Senior officials from N. Korea, U.S. hold talks in Sweden to prepare for second summit.. - Duration: 1:44.

Over in Sweden.... senior officials from North Korea and the U.S. kicked off working-level

talks.

They're hoping to make some progress on a second summit between their leaders.

Kim Hyo-sun fills us in on the latest.

Working-level talks between delegations of North Korea and the United States are being

held in Sweden,... in an effort to prepare for a second Kim-Trump summit.

North Korea's Vice Foreign Minister Choe Son-hui and U.S. Special Representative for North

Korea Stephen Biegun kicked off their meeting on Saturday local time,... and haven't appeared

in public since.

This is their first meeting since Biegun became Washington's special representative for North

Korea in August last year.

South Korea's nuclear envoy Lee Do-hoon has also joined them for three-way talks,... which

are likely to focus on setting the summit agenda.

The three officials are meeting at a highly-secured retreat located some 50 kilometers northwest

of Stockholm.

This comes as Pyeongyang's top nuclear envoy Kim Yong-chol arrived in Beijing on Sunday,...

after wrapping up his three day visit to Washington.

He met with President Trump to discuss the details of a second summit,... and also hand-delivered

a personal letter from North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

Last Friday,... when the North Korean official met U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo,...

Pompeo said it's time for Pyeongyang's denuclearization commitments to be executed and implemented.

He revealed his remarks during an interview with Sinclair Broadcast Group,... as he described

the Trump administration's efforts to denuclearize the Korean Peninsula.

Now, it's left to be seen whether the talks in Sweden can break the current deadlock over

denuclearization talks and lead to a productive second summit.

Kim Hyo-sun, Arirang News.

For more infomation >> Senior officials from N. Korea, U.S. hold talks in Sweden to prepare for second summit.. - Duration: 1:44.

-------------------------------------------

CBS Correspondent Warns ISIS 'Will Re-Emerge' Emboldened After U.S. Syria Pullout - News Today - Duration: 5:09.

Last month, President Donald Trump proudly declared victory over the Islamic State militant group in his decision to pull U.S. troops out of Syria. Now, a veteran foreign correspondent on the ground is sounding the alarm, cautioning the move will enable the return of terrorism within the region and abroad.

CBS News' Charlie D'Agata has spent the past week in the front-line village of Ash Sha'Fah, following the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces as they fight what has been dubbed the "final battle" against ISIS, a last-ditch effort to quash the terror group for good before the U.S. departs. It's a title tinged with both hope and desperation.

Americans have been backing SDF with weapons, equipment and air power, but once they leave, D'Agata predicts trouble.

"Absolutely [the SDF will] be under threat," he said in an exclusive interview with HuffPost on Friday. "They're in for the worst around here."

The fear, D'Agata said, is that SDF may fall under attack from Turkey, which sees the Kurds as sworn enemies of the country.

The risk could eventually force SDF's alliance of militias to seek the help of Syria's President Bashar Assad.

"They feel that if the U.S. withdraws, they'll be abandoned, and they might even have to do a deal with President Assad's regime because they have to protect themselves," D'Agata explained, noting Turkish-backed forces are already present in northern Syria.

While Turkey claims it will drive ISIS out from the remaining 1 percent of land left in its control, the nation's forces don't hold a candle to the mostly Kurdish militias leading SDF, known as the People's Protection Units, or YPG for short.

Emphasizing the dramatic difference, D'Agata said that when it comes to the Turkish forces already present in Syria, "they don't have a fraction of the capabilities that the YPG has" in terms of military hardware, support and overwatch given by the U.S.

CBS News

CBS News foreign correspondent Charlie D'Agata pictured on the ground in Syria.

Trump appears firm in his decision to withdraw. But critics of his decision point to a recent terror attack that killed at least 16 people, four of whom were Americans, last Wednesday in the northern city of Manbij, arguing that ISIS is still a threat.

"There have been serious questions," D'Agata said of the pullout.

While SDF has proved itself to be a strong force, "they need military support, surveillance intelligence," he added. "They simply can't do it without America's air canopy."

D'Agata said news of Trump's move was met with utter astonishment from militias continuing to battle what's left of ISIS.

"People were shocked, disappointed, confused. They are cornering the last remaining fighters and they're worried about what might happen without U.S. support there."

But they're not the only ones voicing concern. American military officials also reportedly oppose the move, along with Israelis, U.S. evangelicals who generally favor Trump, and numerous senators including presidential ally Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.).

Russian President Vladimir Putin, who stands to gain more power in the region with the departure of U.S. troops, has praised Trump's decision.

The real solution, D'Agata explained, wasn't as simple as whittling down ISIS's territorial control to the 1 percent that Trump has touted as a success.

"If the U.S. withdraws, it will embolden ISIS … and they will re-emerge," he said. "There are a lot of ISIS sympathizers in the region. You can take away their territory, but they still exist."

Though there is no definitive answer on just how fast they'd spring back, D'Agata said it's likely.

But Americans are paying less attention to Syria now, presenting another obstacle for reporters as they try to spotlight the ongoing conflict.

"My colleagues and [I] have invested so much time and effort in covering this region," D'Agata said. "There's a huge domestic news cycle, and we appreciate that … we understand that."

However, he said, it is indeed a domestic issue in terms of the potential for terror threats at home. And it has affected him.

"I've never been so emotionally moved by the stories of the victims of ISIS and those fighting against them," he said. "It's personal."

D'Agata, who has reported from Syria on more than a dozen occasions, was featured last week on "CBS Evening News" with Jeff Glor and "CBS This Morning."

For more infomation >> CBS Correspondent Warns ISIS 'Will Re-Emerge' Emboldened After U.S. Syria Pullout - News Today - Duration: 5:09.

-------------------------------------------

United States House Science Subcommittee on Environment | Wikipedia audio article - Duration: 1:24.

For more infomation >> United States House Science Subcommittee on Environment | Wikipedia audio article - Duration: 1:24.

-------------------------------------------

Atiku 'Convinced' US Government Is In Support Of His Candidature - Duration: 2:30.

Atiku 'Convinced' US Government Is In Support Of His Candidature

Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has expressed conviction that the United States government is in support of his presidential project.

Atiku said this on Friday in an interview with Voice of America (VOA) as part of his first-time-in-13-years visit to the United States. The interviewer had asked Atiku: "Are you convinced that the United States government is in support of your candidature?".

"There is no doubt because the United States is ready to support any country that is practising democracy," he added. Atiku also said claims he hadn't visited the State for so long had nothing to do with corruption, as popularly being alleged.

"The whole thing is about misinformation… for a very long time they, have been lying to them [Nigerians]," he said. "I tried to explain to them but they refused to listen. And I hope now people are going to understand.

Now they have issued it [visa] to me and I am here. I'm having some positive discussions with some of the officials," he said.

"I was in the Congress and I had discussions with some high ranking Congress men and Women about Nigeria and how Nigeria intends to improve her relationship with the United States of America.

Atiku arrived in the US on Thursday night in the company of Senate President Bukola Saraki, a trip his supporters have been using as weapon against the popular perception of corruption about him.

However, the US chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has dismissed it, saying "a thief will remain a thief no matter where he visits.

Similarly, the Nigerian government did not wait for his return before claiming that he will have to explain the suspicious N156 slush payment he got from Bank PHB in 2009, which "contributed' to the collapse of the bank.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét