Thứ Ba, 31 tháng 7, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Jul 31 2018

If you want to learn how to draw the female body, I have a fashion figure drawing tutorial

for you!

So, keep watching because, in this video, I'm going to show you the step by step process

I've taught to hundreds of students on how to the female figure, so your drawings don't

look unproportionate and weird

Hi my name is Karen, I'm a fashion designer and illustrator, and here in my channel and

in my website fashionstepbystep.com, I share all I know about fashion design and illustration,

being a fashion creative, having your own business and everything in between

Before getting started, and if you haven't joined my FREE Bootcamp on 'Getting Started

with Fashion Drawing', please go and do that now because I have some private video

and email lessons, plus some resources that you'll need for this video series.

Join through the link on the cards or the description box.

Confirm your email, and then come back here to complete your fashion figure drawing tutorial

How to draw the female body

As I said in my previous video on 'How to draw faces', there's a method for everything,

and there's also a step by step process to drawing the female figure, which if gets

ignored will bring you tons of angry hours because of the unproportionate figures

Of course, there are a few different methods for drawing fashion figures, but not all of

them are easy to follow...

Raise your hand and tell me in the comments if you've used or followed super complicated

methods to draw the body only to get more confused and frustrated than when you started.

For sure, I had at the beginning of my journey! And I saw a lot of persons struggling with

this too, including friends and my sister.

That's why I developed a method that is easy to follow and easy to use and remember.

Eight years ago, I taught it to my sister, my friends, and 3 years from that I had a

whole classroom all for myself.

Now I have an entire online course teaching everything I know on how to draw fashion figures

and faces.

And today's video is all about the method I teach in that course to help you draw a

basic and front fashion figure.

So, if you're ready, let's get started with this tutorial

Materials - Slide

First things first, the materials you'll need are:

Pencil. I prefer 2H or HB. Something on the hard spectrum, so the lines are softer

Paper. Bond or tracing paper is fine. Eraser + sharpener.

Optionally ovals + circles templates, and a ruler.

Fashion Figure cheatsheet.

In the course there are 3 different cheat-sheets for the figures, they help you create your

figures in different sizes. During this video and the following lessons, I'll be using

the 9-heads cheatsheet

So, download it, print it, and get it ready to use 😉

What's the Fashion Figure Cheat-Sheet

This cheat-sheet is a page showing guidelines for the parts of the body, so it becomes easy

for you to draw the human figure in a way that is proportionate and stylish.

And it includes:

- a center line to help you balance the figure - some solid lines separated by the length

of one head -

and some dotted lines,

And each one of these solid and dotted lines represents a part of the body

As I mentioned, the course includes 3 Fashion Figure Cheat-Sheets:

One to draw a body that is 8-heads tall. This is the closest to the real human body.

One to draw a body that is 9-heads tall. This is the one we use the most in fashion, and

the one we'll use along with this course.

And one to draw a body that is 10-heads tall. This is a figure that is even more elongated,

and it can be used to create more dramatic illustrations.

In this video, I'm working on the iPad and I'm using the app Procreate with my Apple

pencil, so you can clearly see each and every single step without my hand getting in the

way.

PHASE 1 - Lines

Okay, step number one is to locate the center line

And draw an oval for the head taking the first space

You can use an oval template to create it

And make sure it's aligned to the center line

Draw a line for the shoulders

Locate it on the dotted line for the shoulders

Center it with the center or balance line

And make sure it measures 1 ½ heads.

You can use your ruler if you want to be more accurate

Create a line for the waist

Draw it on the dotted line for the waist

Also center it with the center line

And make it measure 1 head

Draw another line for the hips

Trace it on the dotted line for the hips

Center it with the center line

And make it the same length as the shoulders, 1 ½ heads.

Draw a small line for the crotch

Locate it on the dotted line for the crotch

Center it with the center line

And make it measure 3 to 4 mm

Join all the lines you just created to complete the bodice or torso

Draw a line for each leg

Go from the line for the legs until the one for the ankles

The legs can have any separation

This time, I'll separate them by the size of one head

Trace a line for each arm

Go from the shoulders line to the line for the hands

PHASE 2 - Shapes

Draw a circle for each shoulder

You can use circles templates

They should touch the lines you just created for the arms and the shoulders

Create smaller circles for each elbow and wrist

Locate them in the middle of the lines for the elbows and wrists, respectively

Draw a couple of circles for the bust

These can be of any size

And, position them in the middle of the line for the bust

Draw one circle for each knee

Put them over the line for the knees and next to each legs' line

Add a couple of circles for the ankles

Draw them over the line for the ankles, also next to each leg

Complete the shapes for the arms and legs

Join the circles you created for the arms, and draw a basic shape for the hands.

This could be a triangle

For the legs, go from the crotch to the circles you created for the knees, and then continue

the line until the circles for the ankles

And for the feet, create a trapeze on the bottom space.

Make sure you center each trapeze with the ankles

Draw some ovals as guides for the thighs and calves

This step is optional, and it's very useful when you're working with figures in different

poses to use as a reference for these parts of the legs

Draw an oval for each thigh and another one for each calf

PHASE 3 - Outline

Outline the body

Now it's time to outline the actual figure.

With the help of the guidelines you created in the previous phases, start giving the body

the organic and fluid look it has

I like to start drawing the bottom outline of the face

Then I proceed with the neck, collarbone, and shoulders

Continue with the arms, bust, hands, and bodice

At this point don't worry too much about the quality of your lines or if you have to

erase and draw again

Focus on learning the method, getting used to your materials, and getting to know the

anatomy of the body

Then, complete the legs and the feet

How you draw the feet depends on the kind of footwear you want to draw

If you want some pointy shoes, then the point should be toward the center line on both feet

And the side of the little thumbs must be a little larger than the side of the big thumb

Draw some clothing if you want

Since this is a figure I'll use a template, I'm only gonna draw a bikini suit

Complete the face and the hair

Use the same method you've learned during this course to draw the face and the hair

Finally, once you finish the fashion figure, you can redraw it on a clean piece of paper

with the help of a light box, a window close to you, or you can even use tracing paper

to redraw the figure there.

And then your figure will be ready to use!

Remember, the process is the same whether you want to create your fashion figures in

the eight heads or ten heads sizes.

Keep drawing, keep practicing the method, and keep learning, this is the only way you'll

improve your skills

And once you master the method you'll be able to get rid of the cheat-sheet and guidelines

and draw your fashion figures freehand.

Woohooo, we did it!

Now, it's time for the question of the Day:

Tell me in the comments 'why do you want to learn how to draw the female body? What

do you want to create?

Fantastic!, that's it for today, I hope you really liked this video and this tutorial,

I had so much fun creating it, and if you liked it make sure you:

Subscribe + Hit the bell button because there are more videos coming soon in this series

called Drawing Fashion Figures 101

And remember to join my FREE bootcamp on 'Getting Started with Fashion Drawing', because I

have some private video and email lessons, plus some resources that you'll need for

this video series.

See you in the next video, byeee!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét