Thứ Bảy, 29 tháng 9, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Sep 29 2018

hey folks I'm Dennis thanks for watching my video today I'm going to show you

what my solution to a chip separator from a dust collection system is I found

the local drum supplier in my area that has 30 gallon fiber drums with a

removable lid and a locking ring so it'll be airtight and then I went online

that ordered this little four inch chip separator kit and it should work just

fine for separating the chips and collecting most of the dust and keeping

it from going through the impeller on my dust collector so let's get started I've

seen some people use garbage cans which I think have probably worked just fine

for whatever reason I just wanted to use a fiber drum I thought it would work

better and this local supplier that I found they were fairly cheap so it was

just it was no more expensive than a garbage can and then I got this thing I

ordered off an off of Amazon I love I'll leave a link in the description of the

video below but it's a pretty simple kit it's got the hardware for installation

screws and nuts washers it's got two of these this part goes to the lid side for

the dust collector and the other side for the downstream part of your system

it's got a couple of nice hose clamps with the finger keys on and then I

thought was what was nice as it comes with a template for cutting out the

holes for the ports so you don't have to figure out how to you know which

diameter would not trace you can just use the template so it's also got a

4-inch dust separator kit the instruction sheet gives you a picture of

how it should look when you're done

walks you through step-by-step how to install it so we're going to do that

today

these come in a box like this these ports but here's actually how they work

there's a that's the outside what goes on the top of the lid and then course

this goes on the inside to direct the airflow so they screw together like this

there's screw always in both of them and marked on the template so they screw

together like this you know with the lid image lid for the drum in between so

once you mark the template onto the drum top you get your screw holes in the

screws jester or through screws through bolts by the time this video goes up I'm

gonna have already done this but I'm gonna ask for opinions and ideas I got

two ways I can do this you know drums almost always have bongs

in the top so you've got the small bung in the large button so my question is

this if you are doing this would you put these ports opposite they got to go

opposite each other obviously but would you put them would you use the buns and

cut up cut them out and eliminate them by putting the you know the ports in

like so like so which was my first thought was like well that makes more

sense to me or would you put them in like this and preserve the buns I can't

think of any reason why down the road and a chip separator I would need the

bungs freaking so it probably doesn't matter but at the same time you hate to

get rid of something that you might use later on so leave a comment below about

your thoughts which way you would go I haven't quite decided yet which way I'm

gonna go but we'll find out here in a minute want to put the template on and

start cutting I'm going to take the lid off the drum

all right so here's the template what they tell you to do is cut the inner

circles out and they've got scissor marks showing they cut in half sake can

place each one of the ports so I'm going to do that these use scissors or I'm

going to use exacto knife

so I'm going to take the lid and and decide which way to put these if they

tell you to make sure you leave a couple inches between the wall and the and the

port itself so that should work out fine because there's a pretty good margin

around here for the lid there's anything inside that small groove right in here

is that's 2 inches so anything inside of there is fine and then you just got to

make sure you got a flat spot to get the screws through I believe I've decided

I'm going to put them right over the bones cut the bums out my first thought

was well it could use the buns for like inspection ports to see when it was full

but I can't really think of a good practical way to do that so I'm just

gonna put the ports where the bung to go that gives me a nice clean installation

on the top lid you also need to cut the little screw holes out

I'm just gonna take a sharpie you can tape it down or hold it down whatever

you want 7/32 bit goes through these holes so if you want the holes in the

lid to match the holes in the force then 7/32 is your bit now we just got to

drill the holes and cut out the holes so

you can cut these out with either a jigsaw or if you've got like a coping

saw let's see whatever else you I don't I don't know what that she would use

like a coping saw maybe or a scroll saw jigsaw you can cut these out with or if

you have to you could cut it out if you got a plastic lid you cut out with

utility knife so I'm gonna come with a jigsaw

now the instructions don't say anything about using any kind of a sealer but I'm

going to take some caulking sealer and put around the bottom of the outer

flange and the top of the inner flange clean them up first where you do that

I've got a sawdust on there but the only thing I would say is I would be cautious

about what kind of caulking you use I wouldn't use anything that's got like

toluene or anything like that if you're using a plastic lid or because these

things are plastic because I don't know if it'll melt it or not this is a it's a

waterproof caulk but well once it dries but it cleans up with water so it's

water soluble the harshest thing it's got in is ethylene glycol so it'll be

fine with plastic wait them together is this said anyway it comes with them with

two sets of screws long and short just depend on how thick the lid is on your

drum so I should I should be able to use the short screws but then you just run

the screws through I'm gonna run them through the bottom because I want the

screw or through the top because I want the screw head on the on the top side

and then put nuts on there and tighten them up and then I'll wipe the cock off

when I'm done around the edges and that'll be it

they come with with aircraft nuts that'll that are like self-locking so

that's a nice feature along with thumb washers it's funny my - with caulk

obviously that's white

the tube says clear I think that somebody adapt was asleep at the switch

I'm just gonna wipe that off make sure that it's got any dust on it and wipe

the dust off of that it's salary I don't think it's a real critical seal but just

seems to me it'd be a good idea

these are 5/16 nuts so I'm just gonna use in that driver screwdriver there

they're slotted combination slighted Phillips screw so you can use whatever

you got and I'm gonna get them tight but I'm not gonna crank down on them because

I don't want to break all this plastic

you might find the chap to have a wrench matter of fact uh you definitely have

treble range so you'll probably need a wrench to get to the to the ones on the

other side of

so then that's how that'll look once you get that in there and then I've just got

to make sure that the other port comes in from this side so that they're

opposite each other

okay so this how you end up on the inside with each port facing the

different direction and then that's how you end up on the topside say you got a

place for your desk collector to connect to one side and then your downstream to

connect to the other put that on like so put the ring on it yeah that's it shut

lock it and there we go like that then I can attach my dust collector here and

should give me a really good chip and dust separation so what I'll do is in a

later video want to get my desk collection system set up and hooked up

then I'll let you know how this thing worked out so that's it kind of a simple

little installation but gives you an idea of how to do it at least how to do

it the way I did it and how this little kit works like say I'll leave a link

below in the description on where to get this kit to the ball it's just a four

inch if they call it a 4 inch dust separator kit and if I remember right it

was about $20 so y'all let you know how it goes in a in a later video once I get

this connected and set up with the rest of my dust collection system and in the

meantime check out some other videos and give me like if you would subscribe to

my channel thanks a lot for watching I appreciate it take care god bless

For more infomation >> Build a Chip Separator for your Dust Collector - Cheap - Duration: 12:26.

-------------------------------------------

How To Make A Electric Car At Home Out Of Plastic Bottle|Make RC Bottle Car|Powered Car|Diy Projects - Duration: 5:55.

How To Make A Electric Car At Home Out Of Plastic Bottle|Make RC Bottle Car|Powered Car|Diy Projects

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét