The controversy surrounding Victor Cha no longer being a valid nominee for Ambassador
to South Korea rages on.
Some fear the move could mean the Trump administration is considering risky military options against
North Korea.
Seoul and Washington have been making efforts to dampen any such concerns.
Kwon Jang-ho delves deeper into the issue.
The White House has distanced itself from Victor Cha, an academic and former-advisor
to ex-President George W. Bush and who was anticipated to head the U.S. Embassy in Seoul.
In a press briefing on Thursday, State Department spokesperson, Heather Nauert stressed that
Cha had never actually received an official nomination from President Trump, and that
the media went ahead with the assumption that he would be appointed next Ambassador to South
Korea.
She also stressed that Washington's policy on North Korea remains the same, and that
denuclearization of the Korean peninsula through diplomacy was the ultimate goal.
The statement came in response to the 'bloody nose' option that Trump officials were said
to be considering, as described by Cha in a recent op-ed in the Washington Post.
'Bloody nose' refers to a preventive military strike on North Korea, to shock the regime
into appreciating U.S. strength,... or in other words, 'give Kim Jong-un a "bloody nose"'.
Cha said he voiced his opposition to the White House... but the sudden withdrawal of Cha
from consideration for ambassador has led to speculation that the Trump administration
was not only dissatisfied with Cha's stance on that policy but also considering the 'bloody
nose' option much more seriously than previously thought.
However, a South Korean diplomatic source told reporters on Friday, that the withdrawal
was not because of Cha's opposition to military options against North Korea, and that this
is supported by credible information.
The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, added that several other factors
contributed to the decision, and while military action is not off the table, it is not a feasible
option at this current time.
North Korea watchers in Seoul also agree on this possibility.
"The U.S. is perceiving the completion of North Korean ICBM as a kind of red line.
If that happens the U.S. territory will be threatened.
Maybe the U.S. will use some of military options, but I think that would only be for the worst
case, and until then the majority of U.S. policy will be sanctions and pressure."
The South Korean government has been reluctant to comment on Cha's situation, as it is a
White House internal affair, but with the PyeongChang Winter Olympics just around the
corner and North Korea participating in the games, the reasons behind Washington's withdrawal
of Cha as the next envoy to Seoul seems to be gathering unwanted and untimely attention.
Kwon Jang-ho, Arirang News.
For more infomation >> US Bans Arms Sales to South Sudan - Duration: 0:59. 
For more infomation >> President Trump Just Kicked Snoop Out After He Denounced The U.S. - Won't Like Where He Sent Him! - Duration: 5:39. 


For more infomation >> The Preamble to the Constitution | US Government and Politics | Khan Academy - Duration: 14:55. 
For more infomation >> President Trump: GITMO Ready To House 'Deep State' Traitors - Duration: 5:23.
For more infomation >> Nunes memo states Steele had personal animus toward Trump - Duration: 2:19.
For more infomation >> US Air Force Chief To Fly On 'Made In India' Tejas Aircraft In Jodhpur Today - Duration: 3:04.
For more infomation >> Article III of the Constitution | US Government and Politics | Khan Academy - Duration: 16:57. 
For more infomation >> Article II of the Constitution | US Government and Politics | Khan Academy - Duration: 17:47.
For more infomation >> President Trump Just Kicked Snoop Out After He Denounced The U.S. - Won't Like Where He Sent Him! - Duration: 5:38. 
For more infomation >> Former U.S. Attorney Guy Lewis Gives Insight Into Today's "Memo" Release - Duration: 5:23. 
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét