Thứ Ba, 31 tháng 10, 2017

Auto news on Youtube Nov 1 2017

Hello guys. I am Peter from Build a Boeing

I think owe you a part two of my video about my curved screen

And so this is it. If we look to the lifts you can see the picture

stretches all the way to left and then over here to the right.

So this is actually 180 degrees curved screen.

If you have the room here as reference you can see that it is actually curved

I am still using sheets so that's why it's a bit uneven here a bit wobbly there

That's also why it's a bit unsharp and I need to do a bit of final calibration

But I've done rough calibration and satisfied with the result so I'm gonna proceed with this project

I bought the Fly Elise program and just like to show you the program

(let's see here)

(There)

That's the Fly Elise Immersive Pro program

And it's fairly easy to use

One thing though that cost me a bit of headache to begin with

you need to activate the Nvidia Surround function

It's in the Nvidia control panel you need to do that first - at least I did

I couldn't make it work otherwise

Before I had these letters there. That was one screen and one display

and then overhere a second set of letters that was displayed too.

Using this surround function this is now one display

and you have the lettering in the middle right there

Before when I had letters here and here when I started the program

the second screen over here would just go black

Now it's working! Setting it up it's actually fairly easy

The way I did it - The rough calibration was using my structure behind the screens

You can see I have one, two, three, four vertical supports for projector one

and then over here is projector two - one, two, three, four supports

Then on the top here I have a horizontal support; stabilizer - horizontal stabilizers

and I have one down here as well going behind the screen there and then understand

Then on these columns here I put a small piece of tape and marked it black for each 30 centimeters;

There, there, there, and then we have stabilizer behind there

so that gives me one, two, three, four, five, six points under way down

And one, two, three, four columns and six rows.

In this program what you do is you press "Configure"

Then you're get a picture that looks like this - you might have seen this before

Over here you configure the number of points you need.

Six - no - four and six and then you can choose a different picture

here if you don't want this with all the numbers

But I think it's that's the easiest one to use

Here you can see all the points one, two, three, four, five and number six is down here

Then it's it's actually just a matter of

taking the points like the one up here you can see it goes green there then you

can just pull it around and I need to put it right there

you take this one and you do the same but now I haven't removed the screen and

you cannot see the point - the mark - behind the screen

but I'm sure you can understand what I'm getting at.

That should give you perfect perfect squares

because I'm using this sheet and it is not even all the way around there is a

bit of difference you can see number four there is a bit wider than number 1

I'll fine tune that once I get

get a better screen / a better material.

I've also considered using this

This is a laser. I do not know what it is called in English

But it displays a red arrow - a red cross.

You might be able to see it right there around 17. I think it needs new batteries

You can also use that .

It's a matter of getting getting it on the same line.

then you... - once you've done that - you go in here in the program to blend

and then you start the overlap

First of all first of all you take the projector number one

and then lift the right side. I need to do the right side and then you can see

change the overlap which is the middle where they meet.

When you do that - this happens okay so you need to get that set to the right value so that they

meet over there between 16 and 17

Then you can fade the picture

You do that like this and the fading helps you - prevent you from getting two pictures at

the same place. That's gonna give you a small white a brighter mark all the way down

I actually got that - and I am going to calibrate that later on

You can also see that my 17 column is a bit narrow compared to 18.

16 goes up a bit.

That's fine tuning again. I will take care of that at another time

Once you're finished remember to click "Save" and then you're ready.

I just need to put just prepar3D in full screen mode again.

There we are.

And then you have a result that looks like this.

You can actually see that white line bright line I talked about right there

That's where they meet.

Fine-tuning later on

I still got some issues.

Take a look at that car coming here from the right to the left

Looks fine right now. Looks like a car. And then when it goes to the side

it gets very big and just looks very strange

Might have set up Prepar3d in wrong way

I got one picture one view and a very low zoom rate

If I move to.. Let's see if I can get a picture up from the side...

You can see the airplanes here looks all strange.

If you look to the side that's a normal bus and a Boeing 737.

I haven't looked into that yet.

But this this is good

Next I hope to be able to build the frame so that the picture of the windows kind of encloses the cockpit

I've also started connecting all the things, the overhead, the pedestal,

throttle the announciators.

Almost everything is working!

There's a bit of building left and then all the loose wires need to be reconnected.

This this is okay. Actually this is quite good

I'm Peter from BuildaBoeing. You guys take care. Bye bye.

For more infomation >> Home cockpit 737 - Build a Boeing: Calibrating screen - Duration: 7:36.

-------------------------------------------

How NOT to Build a Gaming PC... - Duration: 6:37.

- Hey guys, this is Austin.

And today, I'm here with a brand new $500 gaming PC build

except this one, well, these guys built it.

While I was out of the office for a day, Ken and Jimmy

took it upon themselves to get a little creative

with the next PC build.

- What do we want the PC to actually look like though?

- It definitely needs a window.

We could easily do like a bloody hand print from the inside.

You know, like a little saw trap or something?

- Oh yeah.

- So where do you want us to start, a case first?

Okay, so that's like right in the front,

so that's easy enough.

So I feel like if we, these are usually in the back corner.

- Yeah, Jimmy knows like the layouts and stuff.

- This one has the exact same layout as the one in Michigan.

- Look at this guy.

- Are we going for full size like ATX or microATX or what?

- I think we go for ATX and work back.

- Okay, 49.99.

- That's cheap, and it got a window and look the slots.

- Oh, it's got red accents.

- Alright, if we wanted to do just straight up a 500 watt

card or 500 watt power supply.

- That's hard to beat $18.

- A cheap power supply like this

might not be the craziest thing.

- This looks really cheap, like the box looks really cheap.

- It feels like a fireworks box.

- This looks marginally better.

- Yeah okay, that one is $30.

- $30, okay so we'll put this.

- [Austin] Questionably cheap power supply in hand,

Ken and Jimmy moved on to making some more mistakes.

- That Penny owned G 4400.

- [Jimmy] Is only 55.

- Is only $55, so this motherboard costs $60.

- [Jimmy] Which is cheap.

- Which is pretty cheap.

- We're still, I think we're still under budget.

- I think we're doing pretty fine right now.

So if we get this, let's say right?

- Yeah, is there a big difference

between just a 1050 and a 1050TI?

This one's only $93 bucks.

- Yeah no, I think if we wanted to go super budget,

that might not be the worst move.

- So we penny crunched a little bit but we have a little

bit more money to spend here.

- Yeah, so we're gonna look out for some SSDs

which they're actually reasonably priced.

- [Austin] So naturally, the next place to go

is the Halloween store because reasons.

- I mean that looks like the best one.

'Cause glow in the dark will probably not look good

inside the area.

- I think this is good, this one's really fake looking.

- This one, this is the one that we want.

- If we get a little bit of fake blood

and put it on that, it'll look a lot better.

$10, so we're good, this is $4, so we have a little bit

of extra money to spend here.

Is there like a little thing where we can get

like some spiders or.

- Oh, let's get like fake, like fake spiders and stuff.

$3 each, so how much money do we have left?

- Like $13.

- So let's get two.

- So we just finished the Halloween decoration portion

of this and I think we did pretty well.

- Yeah, like so we walked out of there spending $23

so if my math is right, I think we have $4 leftover.

- Yeah, so we're actually under budget here

so Austin, you should be pretty proud of us on this one.

- So we've been sitting in about three hours worth

of traffic to come back to work but we got all of our stuff

for our PC but we also got some Halloween stuff

to help design this thing and make it our own.

Like I've never actually done any case moding before

and I think this is the nine year old arts and crafts

version of what every other PC YouTuber does

but I'm excited.

(Jimmy laughs)

(grooving hip hop beat)

Alright, so Jimmy did a really awesome job putting

all of the spider webs in here.

We got some not actual spiders but some really okay looking

like classic spiders but they'll do the job.

- They'll look good in the light.

- Exactly, and now Jimmy is going to do the blood

hand splatter on the glass for the inside of the case.

- So I'm gonna do a little bit of black just to.

- Yeah, add texture to it.

- Make it look like a scary movie.

- That's good.

- Alright, so I'm gonna get my over-sized hand

just nice and, I want to make sure

there's not a lot of black on there.

Just gonna do a real perfect, aw.

- Do like a slide, like a taper off.

- I don't know if it'll ruin it.

- [Ken] Oh. (laughs)

- There we go.

Oh my god, I'm so happy about this. (laughs)

Oh my god, that actually looks really good.

So hopefully it dries well, I'm going to go wash this off

my hands now because I don't want it to dry on me.

- We've got all the cable management out of the way,

we've got our graphics thing sorted out,

we got Windows installed,

- We got webbed up.

- We got even more webbed up.

- So now we're gonna spin it around,

get it all going, we're gonna turn it on.

- Get a load of this.

- In its finished form.

Oh my god guys, we've been at this all day.

Gotta say, I'm pretty stocked, this is awesome.

- Ready, woo, oh my god.

- I gotta see this.

- Whoa, that looks. (laughs)

That is so sick, oh and you can see the little spider

in there, that is so good, it's so good.

- We haven't played any games yet and honestly it is

11:13, I don't think we're gonna play games tonight

but we will try to come out tomorrow and reveal

the whole thing to Austin and hopefully

he'll like it.

- So I was gone on Friday and these guys took the lead

on building the PC but from the little bits

that I've heard so far, they may have gone a little bit

over the top with it.

- [Jimmy] There you go.

- (laughs) Whoa, this is actually really cool.

I was expecting this to be terrible, no offense.

This is actually really cool.

- [Ken] Yeah, don't worry,

we thought it was going to be terrible too.

- The cable management is sufficiently spooky,

I'm already terrified.

Alright, I gotta crack this open,

let's see what you guys got here.

- I also like the narrative too, like the hand.

- Yeah, so basically the hand was trying to escape

and then like punched out the front.

- [Ken] Exactly, yeah.

- Ah, have no idea where my graphics card is.

- [Ken] It is a 560, an RX 560.

- A 560, okay?

And some intel, what is this?

A B250, is like a Pentium or something?

- [Ken] Yeah, it's a Pentium 4400 G 44.

- Okay, I'm pretty excited although

what is this power supply?

- [Ken] It is a not A+ and it was only $23.

- That's a no, don't do that.

Why would you buy a $23 power supply?

- [Jimmy] Because it was 681 watts.

- No it's not.

(all laugh)

- Our main goal was literally just to get this game running.

I wish I had an audio, what's going on?

- [Jimmy] Yeah, so you would be able to hear them coming.

- Alright, I'm just gonna die, that's fine.

Oh, there it is.

So if you guys want to catch more spooky PC builds

with these guys, make sure to subscribe to the channel

and if you'll excuse me, I'm going to play some Outlast

and probably die a bunch more.

For more infomation >> How NOT to Build a Gaming PC... - Duration: 6:37.

-------------------------------------------

For Instructors: How to Build a Well-Designed Subpage - Duration: 7:40.

As you build your course in Sakai, it's important to make sure your

content is clear and easy for students to navigate.

A great way to keep things organized is by using Sakai's Lessons tool

to structure your course content into weekly subpages.

Subpages provide space where you can design your lessons and

share all kinds of content with students, including documents,...

web links,...

and links to content in other Sakai tools,

such as assignments,...

tests and quizzes,...

and discussion forums.

[silence]

In this video, we'll build a new subpage to show you

how to incorporate each of these elements.

Here's a site that I'm building for an online computer course.

In the Lessons area, I've already added content

for Weeks One and Two, so let's add a subpage

for Week Three.

I'll click the Add Content button and select Add Subpage.

[silence]

In the Page title field, I'll give this subpage a name that's

related to the content it'll contain.

For example, I'll call this one Week 3: Searching the Web.

Then we'll click Create.

[silence]

Sakai automatically takes us to the new subpage,

but we can see where it's been added by clicking Lessons

in the navigation bar at the top of the page.

This takes us back to the main Lessons area and here,

under Week 2, is our new Week 3 subpage.

To help clarify when Week 3 starts and ends,

I'll click its Edit button...

and type the date range in the Item Description box,...

and then click Update Item.

[silence]

OK, we're ready to add some content to this subpage!

Click Week 3 to open it back up.

From here, we'll be working with the Add Content button

which allows you to add a wide variety of content;

including text; links to documents, presentations and websites; and

links to activities in other Sakai tools.

We'll begin by specifying when this week's assignments are due.

It's possible to have multiple due dates for the week's assignments,

but if you teach online, it's less confusing for students

if there's just one due date for the week, such as

Thursday at 11:00PM.

This allows online students to know when things are due and

establish their weekly schedules.

We'll click the Add Content button and

then Add Text.

I'll type this week's due date,...

[silence]

and to make it stand out, I'll make the text a little larger...

[silence]

and apply bold formatting.

Click Save and the due date appears on the subpage.

Next, I'll add this week's learning objective.

Click Add Content and then Add Text.

I'll type a heading, for example, Learning Objective for the Week,

to introduce the objective and then I'll type the objective.

This example has only one, but your subpage might have more.

Then, to create page structure for students whom might use

assistive technology, I'll format the heading as a

Heading 2 by highlighting it...

and selecting Heading 2 from the Paragraph Format

drop-down menu.

There we go, and then click Save.

Our objective appears on the subpage.

Alternatively, you can provide an overview to explain to students the

importance of the week's material.

I'll click the Edit button to add my overview below the objective.

[silence]

Next, I'll post the reading assignment

for the week.

I could continue to click the Add Content button,

but instead I'll click the Add New Item button --

it looks like a plus sign, ...

[silence]

and then I'll select Add Text.

[silence]

I'll type and format some of the text, and just as I did for the

Learning Objective heading earlier, I'll make sure to format this heading

as a Heading 2.

[silence]

If you have a document to share with students,

you can make it easy for students to view the file by uploading and

creating a link to it.

I have a PDF of an article I'd like to add here,

under the Readings section on our subpage.

I'll click the bottom-most Add New Item button and

select Add Content Links.

In the Item Name field, I'll type a descriptive name

for the file and indicate that this is a PDF.

Then we'll click the Choose Files button

to locate the file,...

[silence]

and Save.

[silence]

Sakai saves a copy of the file to the site's Resources area,

and a link to the file appears on the subpage.

If you'd like to add a descriptive note about the file,

click the link's Edit button...

and type a description in the Item Description box,...

and click Update Item.

[silence]

You can also use the Add Content Links option

to link to a website.

I've already copied the address of an online article

related to this week's content, so I'll provide the title of the article

in the Item Name field, ...

paste the address here in the add a URL field,

and click Save.

As I did earlier, I'll add a descriptive note by

clicking the Edit button.

All right, our subpage is starting to take shape!

Let's take a look at how to add tool links.

Tool links make it easy for students to go directly

to an activity that's been created with another Sakai tool,

such as a forum discussion, a quiz, or an assignment.

In this site, I've already created a Week 3 quiz and published it.

To add a link to the quiz from our subpage,

I'll click the Add new item button and Link to a test or quiz.

I'll select the quiz I want, and click Use Selected Item.

[silence]

A link to the quiz appears on the subpage;

it will take students directly to the Week 3 quiz,

so they won't need to hunt around for it elsewhere in the site.

I can click the quiz's Edit button to add a note or a description.

In a similar way, if I've created an assignment

in Sakai, for example, a paper students will need

to turn in, I can link to it by clicking the

Add new item button and selecting Link to an assignment.

A list of assignments I've created appears.

I'll select the one for this week, and click Use selected item.

As with other items I've placed on the subpage,

I'll add a description for this assignment by

clicking the Edit button.

If you've created a discussion topic in Forums,

you can link directly to it, as well, by clicking the

Add new item button and selecting Link to a forum or topic.

Select the topic to link to, ...

and click Use Selected Item.

[silence]

And again, I can add a note.

[silence]

This weekly subpage looks like it's complete!

Let's take a look at how it appears in Student View.

[silence]

It looks good!

The subpage contains everything students need for the entire week,

laid out clearly, and all in one place.

It should be easy for students to figure out what they'll need to do.

All right!

I think you're ready to use the Lessons tool to build a

subpage of your own.

If you're teaching an online or hybrid course, we strongly recommend

using the Lessons tool to organize your weekly content,

and if you're teaching face-to-face courses,

we think you'll find this tool to be very useful, as well.

If you need assistance with the Lessons tool,

please contact sakaihelp@durhamtech.edu

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét