Thứ Ba, 30 tháng 1, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Jan 30 2018

Hi Rachel Lindteigen, President & Founder of Etched Marketing.

I'm so glad that you've joined us today for marketing tips or Monday's marketing tip

This is a new segment that I'm bringing you. Every Monday

I will jump on here and do a Facebook live where we talk about one marketing tip.

One thing that you can learn in a quick session, I promise that they'll be less than 10 minutes

and it'll give you an actionable item that you can walk away with and implement in your business. Today's marketing Monday

marketing minute

discussion is how frequently do I need to post content?

This is one of the most common questions that I receive from

people. They want to know how often do I need to do video?Hhow frequently do I need to post to my blog?

If I'm doing a podcast what do I need to do? The thing that I always tell people is

consistency is going to be the absolute key here.

In my experience working in SEO and digital marketing for the last 15 years what I've seen is that

consistently publishing great content is more important than anything. I think

that you need to publish once per week.

One blog post, one email

one video or one podcast episode. Whatever it is. I know that you may hear different recommendations.

I know you will hear different recommendations from different people. I know that within the industry we often have told clients

to blog two or three times per week

and there is a

definite correlation between the number of times each week that you post and the number of leads that are generated from a blog.

However the caveat for that is that

if you are doing this on your own or you have a very small team and you really don't have someone who is

dedicated to content creation and you are trying to do it yourself or everybody's trying to write blog posts in addition to what they're doing

you're probably not going to be able to consistently

write, research, optimize and publish two or three posts in a week.

The reason that I think this recommendation applies

to large businesses where have full content teams

but not small businesses, startups, solopreneurs, and entrepreneurs is just that.

The lack of time that you have, there are a finite number of hours in the week, and when you are

working on all the different things, and you have a million responsibilities

content creation can become the item that goes to the bottom of the list. This is something that I hear from clients,

it's something that I hear from friends and relatives who are small business owners.

They struggle with creating content consistently. This is why I say once a week.

I think one post, one podcast episode, one video,

whatever it is once a week, is enough.

For the average small business owner you have to do what you are able to do on a consistent basis.

Google, YouTube

The search engines are going to reward you for

creating

consistent content. You will get further by doing one post a week

than you will if you post two, three, four, or even five days a week for only a few weeks

and then you burn out and you're not able to keep up with that cadence.

That's where you will run into issues. So once a week. That's it. It's pretty simple.

Decide what type content you're going to create. Are you going to blog if so blog once a week?

Are you going to do a Facebook live video show or are you going to post videos

to YouTube once a week? Are you going to do a podcast episode once a week?

It's really simple, one time a week is really what you need to be able to make enough impact

with your content to show your audience that you are producing

consistently so they know they can come back and see you and read your content each week and

to signal to the search engines that you are producing content on an ongoing

basis. It's that that simple to answer the question. How often do I need to blog?

Start with once a week. If you're thinking but Rachel,

I really feel like I want to get to 2 or 3 a week.

I want you to do once a week for at least a quarter and make sure that you can keep up that

schedule and then the next quarter do once a week and in the background

I want you to write that second post and I want you to make sure that for an entire quarter

you are able to consistently create that second post even though you're not posting it yet.

Then you will have a little bit of a backup in case something happens.

You'll have a few in the back that you can pull out if you do ever have an issue when you move to that

twice a week cadence

but

don't jump in it twice a week start with.

Once you decide you want to go further than that, you want to do more than that, then test it.

Don't publish more than once a week until you have consistently written two posts a week for for a full quarter for 12 weeks.

Then you will have

12 backup posts that will be there & available

to you should you ever need them. should you ever run into a crazy week or a vacation or a deadline.

Something where you can't hit that second post that you've promised. Don't start with a whole bunch and

fall apart.

That's it. Hope that you found something quick and easy

here so that you can implement it in your business today.

If you want more marketing tips be sure to follow the channel here or join our Facebook group

I can't talk today join our Facebook group for

startup, small business owners, and entrepreneurs, marketing on a shoestring budget

And you can find that it's a linked group right here from the Etched Marketing page. Thanks so much happy Monday

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét