Chủ Nhật, 31 tháng 12, 2017

Auto news on Youtube Dec 31 2017

**BRIAN COMES IN AN HOUR LATE**

I FEEL LIKE SHIT

Hey uhh...before you do any of that can you go fire my truck up man...

Yeah... its F******* cold out there

yeah, we need to have a lil chit chat though man, its uhhh....pretty serious...

yeah..whats up ?

uhhh....well....Just go ahead and start the car...and well talk about it....just uhhh Mentally Prepare yourself....aight?

huh?

I said just mentally prepare yourself!

okay.....

**Door opens**

whats going on.....?

Alright have a seat bro....something we need to address here....

trying to think of the best way this without being a....

A dick here....

I noticed this week man and it's just you know one thing being late today whatever

okay I'm not going to tripping out that....something came to my attention this week that I just gotta adress it right now...

your more than welcome to....

I think this is pretty much the terminating factor man....sooo I guess I dunno how to say this but........

"CONGRATULATIONS!!"

HAPPY 1 YEAR AT THE COMPANY BRIAN!!

WHERES THE CAMERA ??

OOHHHHH!!! HAHAHA

OHHH SHIT!! WOOOOOOOOH!!!

For more infomation >> PRANK!! FIRING MY EMPLOYEE!! (INSANE FREAKOUT!!) WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?? - Duration: 2:38.

-------------------------------------------

EQM: eles me disseram o que ia acontecer | NDE: they told me what was going to happen - Duration: 37:38.

Hey folks?

Be very welcome to another video of the channel "AFTER ALL, WHAT ARE WE?"

Mildrei, in her NDE,

found herself surrounded by a group of people who told her things that would happen in her life.

As they were passing guidelines.

They said she should return.

But she did not want to because it was very good to be there.

With you, Mildrei.

- Good afternoon, Mildrei. - Good afternoon.

First of all I want to thank you for your good will to come and tell us your NDE.

I would like you to introduce yourself ...

and then tell us what happened to you.

I am Mildrei.

I had a near-death experience...

which happened a year and a half ago...

and this experience was like this:

It happened in a hospital, a maternity ...

it happened after my son was born.

So ... it was on November 2nd, 2015.

Everything was all right, everything going well before my son was born ...

I was in labor ...

and... then...

everything was going on as planned for a normal birth ...

and it was a normal birth.

So I went to the delivery room ...

the baby was born...

and after that, out of the delivery room I was taken to the room.

Arriving in the room ...

I think according to the standard hospital procedure ...

I was accompanied by two nurses who were with me all the time ...

and plus my husband, who accompanied the childbirth ...

and he was my room companion, in the hospital where I was.

So when we got in the room ...

the nurses took me from the stretcher and put me in bed ...

and as I had said, I think that according to the standard hospital procedure ...

they told me they needed to take me to take a shower.

They asked me if I was okay ...

That's when we started to notice something different ...

I did not notice much, but those who around me began to notice ...

that after my son was born ...

when I was leaving the delivery room ...

I started to change color ...

I was no longer with a normal color ...

I was getting very pale,

my lips were losing color ...

my nails also were already changing color ...

then they (the nurses) began to notice something ...

and they asked me several times (if I was okay) ...

and I was very tired ...

I was not able to understand very well what was going on there ...

because it was a difficult birth ...

My son was a very big child, he was born weighing four kilograms ...

so I did a lot of effort, I was very tired ...

and I was not able to talk normally.

And then, when I got to the room, I still had that physiognomy ...

I was not very well, I was very pale, very haggard ... very very downcast ...

and my husband who was watching all there, commented later on with me ...

in another day ... that he realized that I had lost a lot of blood ...

anyway ...

(The NDE) started to happen after they said I needed to take that shower.

And then they asked me once or twice, "Mildrei, are you okay?" and I said, "Yes, I am."

(They said) "We need you to take a shower. Okay? Let's take a shower?"

As I said, I was not fully understanding the situation.

I was very tired, I had stayed a long time without eating, without feeding me ...

without hydration, without drinking any liquid ...

Finally, I was taken to the shower.

TheyI took me off the stretcher, and took me to the bathroom ....

and then they sat me in a chair.

My husband was outside but always attentive to what was going on ...

to help in any thing if necessary ... because he was concerned ...

because, as I said, I was not presenting a very normal color ...

I am already white and I was very pale, very white.

Besides being a bit confused, is not it?

Yes, confused ... exactly ... I was very, very confused ...

because for the nurses I was not very well ...

but for me everything was okay ... everything was fine ...

Maybe I was also very emotional, right? ...

because of the birth ... my son was born ... he's okay ... so ...

there were many emotions ... there was a mixture of emotions.

So ...they put me in the chair ... I sat there, they opened the shower ...

and the two nurses, around me ....

they started to give me a quick shower, it had to be a quick shower ... as they told me...

and...

then what happened ... is that ...

I blacked out.

I blacked out ... under water ...

in that situation I blacked out completely ...

then they started calling me and I wouldn't come back...

You know this because they told you later?

Because you were blacked out ...

Yes, I was blacked out.

Later my husband told me ...

That they called you ...

What happened ... because he accompanied everything.

The two nurses were very concerned and they kept saying my name all the time ...

"Mildrei, Mildrei, Mildrei," calling me. calling me...

My husband was not there (in the bathroom) with us but he was in the room ...

and he came into the bathroom to see what was going on ...

and one thing that caught me a lot of my attention is that ...

my husband said that at that moment my body was very relaxed, I was very relaxed ...

and my eyes were open, looking up, open ...

my eyes open ...

it is as if I were looking somewhere over there ...

at some spot there ...

Immobile?

Immobile.

All this was told to you later?

Yes.

He told me that I was like this ...

and I stayed there ... immobile ...

and he said it was even a little scary ...

because my eyes were open, looking ... I think my eyes were, how can I say, turning back ...

I was not well there, I was not well.

And unconscious ...?

Unconscious ... I was unconscious ...

and...

they were calling me all the time ...

and I didn't come back ... I didn't come back ... I was not coming back.

I just came back with the voice of my husband calling me.

After a certain time?

After what happened.

And then?

Then...

Then ... talking about the experience ...

I was ... I was there ... then I got out of there ... I got out of there ...

It seemed like a dream, but it was so real.

But it seemed that I had dreamed ...

It seemed like I had slept and dreamed.

So ... I went out of there ... of that room ... I left the hospital ...

It is as if I had taken a trip but I did not feel this trip ...

but I went to another place ...

I ended up in another place ...

and this place was a very beautiful place ...

It was so ...

such a beautiful place and at the same time simple, very humble ...

I ended up in a village ... a village ... of houses ...

little houses ... houses ... all the same ...

very simple houses, very beautiful, simple ...

all of them white... white houses ... this caught my attention ...

and a street ... very beautiful ... you know...

a great harmony ... a beautiful place ... very ... very pleasant ... a very good place.

And...

there...

it seemed... around me ... it seemed like there was a fog ...

in the landscape ...

so... I saw those houses ...

I started walking down that street ...

it seemed ... well ...

I could not see the sky but I saw kind of a fog around me ...

I can not explain it better than this ...

Then I stopped at a place ... I stopped at a place ...

and some people came to talk to me.

It was a group of people ...

Unknown?

Could you identify anyone?

No.

Weren't they ... relatives or close friends?

- Or friends? - They were not.

No, they were not, they were not ...

Did they approach you?

They approached me.

They came to me ...

and...

then they ...

it is as if we already knew each other... because ...

when I was there ... I felt like I already knew them...

But today I do not know who they are.

And then they ... they started to talk to me ...

and I don't remember well what we talked about at this moment ...

and there were men and women but most of them were men ...

I do not remember how many they were ... but ...

I believe ... they were five people or more ...

around this number ...

and...

then, there was a man ... a certain man who talked more with me.

He was the one ... in that group who most talked ...

The others greeted me ... welcomed me smiling ...

but I paid more attention to this man.

He was the one who led the conversation.

And they were all dressed in clothes ... white suits social clothes.

White.

This man who spoke to me a lot, who came very close to me ...

he was wearing ... a white suit, an all white suit ...

and...

and I was also wearing a white clothing ... I was ... I remember ...

And it was the clothing that you were wearing in the maternity... in the hospital ...? Or not?

No. It was another clothing.

Another clothing? Okay.

It's as if it were a dress ... a white dress.

And...

and the women in that group were wearing white dresses ...

and I was just like them ... dressed like them.

And the men with white suit.

Then they began to talk to me:

"How are you now?"

I remember some of the conversation.

I replied, "I'm very fine."

"Oh ... you're very fine?"

I said: "I am, I'm very fine."

Then they told me ...

actually that man, who, as I explained, was the one who most spoke to me.

Then, this man said to me:

"Mildrei, you know why you came here, don't you?"

Then I replied,

"Well... I do not know".

I think I was a bit stunned, I wasn't really understanding all that.

Then he said:

"Well, you came here because of what happened to you ..."

"... your child was born ..."

"... and ... you end up in this place ..."

Then he spoke:

"but things will still happen in your life ..."

"things are going to happen ..."

"you will see ..."

"you'll notice, as time goes by ..."

"You will realize in your daily life ..."

"that many things will happen."

"with the birth of your first child ... your child ...

"your life will begin to change and things will happen."

And they told me some things that were going to happen, but I do'nt remember ...

I don't remember.

You don't remember but they made it clear that some things were going to happen...

and they told you what were these things ...

You don't remember what would it be?

I don't. I do not remember. I try to remember but I can't remember what it was.

It's as if they were giving me ...

some guidance, you know, they were giving me some guidance.

And it's gone?

I don't remember.

And then Mildrei... and then?

You stayed with that group ... did you have any sense of time?

Can you tell if it lasted long... or short?

Lasted long.

The impression you had was that it was a long time ...

that you've been there with them?

That I've been there with them.

Long time.

It is as if I had stayed there for hours talking ...

Then they began to tell me the things that were going to happen ...

Then a subject came up and I answered, "Okay, but I'll stay here."

I said: "I'll stay here."

And I said that ... really wanting ... very sure ... "I'll stay here."

Stay in that place?

Yes.

Then this man told me, "No, you will not stay here."

"You'll have to go ... you'll have to return."

Then I said, "No ..."

and I ... and I still there ... still arguing, getting into an argument with him ...

Then I said, "No, but it's very good here..."

"here ... this place is great ..."

"I do not want to leave this place, I do not I want to get out of here..."

"It is very good to be here with you ... this environment is very good."

There was a lot of harmony

A wonderful environment, you know ...

a lot of peace...

a very good temperature ... it was a very good temperature ...

a very good sensation that you can not explain.

It is hard to describe.

So, when I said "no, I'll stay," then the man said to me, "No, you'll have to go back ..."

"because you still have things to do ..."

"and your son ... he needs you."

"You will go back and you'll do things ..."

"You have things to do yet ..."

"And you have things to do for your child ... for your family ...

"You have your family, you have your parents, you have your husband ..."

then he told me this:

"I know you're enjoying it, you would like to stay here ..."

"but it will not be possible."

"you went through here and now you will return."

He said ... "you will return."

You still have things to solve ... things to do.

And I do not know what these things are.

He just told me so.

And then...

then... suddenly ...

a voice calling me ...

it was the voice of my husband ...

I heard a familiar voice calling me ... very strong .... my name ...

and then...

when I returned...

I returned... and saw.... two nurses ... ...

around me ...

very concerned ...

Were you still in the shower or they had already put you on a stretcher?

I was still in the shower.

So probably it was a very quick thing ... in this time of ours here.

It was very fast.

Didn't they carry you nor put you on a stretcher?

No.

Then you woke up and your husband and the two nurses were there?

Exactly.

I would like you to explain the following: what did they say to you it happened ...

while you were in this other plane, in this dream, or whatever.

What happened after all with you?

What did the doctors say? ... Did you had a seizure? ... Did you have a crisis of pressure drop? ...

Fainting for some other cause? ... What has been said?

After what happened ...

the doctor gave me some medication ...

and I urgently needed to feed myself ...

and...

well ... they didn't ...

they said I was with anemia ...

I was in a situation of ...

Hypotension, perhaps by blood loss?

- Yes ... I was in anemia. - That was the diagnosis?

Yes, that was the diagnosis.

So much so that I took ferrous sulfate in the vein.

They gave me this ...

And did you really lose a lot of blood during childbirth?

I lost a lot of blood.

And then they stayed watching to see if I would get better.

The diagnosis was that, right?

The diagnosis was that I lost a lot of blood ...

and I was ... maybe dehydrated, too.

Has no exam been done to see if it was a seizure, for example?

When you say that it was told to you that you turned your eyes,

this is a relatively common stance on who has seizure, whatever the cause.

But that was not even considered, right?

Would you have had a seizure?

This was not mentioned, or was it?

No.

I'm asking this because during a seizure ...

and there are many reports of people who have had an NDE ... and we interviewed some of them...

and it is described in the scientific literature.

NDE triggered by convulsive crisis ... epileptic seizure.

But they said nothing about this, right?...

And they didn't call a doctor to see you at the time of fainting ... there was no time ... was it vtoo fast?

What did they tell you about all this?

Well, it was very fast.

They didn't call the doctor ...

only the nurses were there, you know ...

the ones who were attending you, right?

Yes, who attended me.

Other nurses also came in ...

... to see... what was going on ...

I know that they had my blood collected and taken to an exam ...

to see if everything was okay.

By then you were already awake, talking, right?

Yes ... already talking.

So it must have been very fast because in general ...

when there is a loss of consciousness in the hospital and only nurses are present,

they call the doctor right away.

You must have returned very fast.

It was very fast.

My husband claims it was an interval of about seven minutes.

During which you were blacked out?

Exactly.

And for you on the other plane, it seemed like an eternity?

It did.

It seemed a long time.

It is as if it were a long time, right?

It seemed a long time ... and when I came back ...

I felt all different ...

I was not even recognizing where I was, you know?

when I came back...

When you woke up?

When I woke up.

So it was really a loss of consciousness.

It was very different ...

It took about three minutes for me to understand ...

and associate that I was in the hospital ...

and that I had gone through a childbirth ...

that my son was born ...

To get back all these informations?

It took me a while to get back to reality.

Mildrei, you did not mention at any time ...

that during this experience you have seen your own body, when you were out of it.

That did not happen, right?

I didn't see it.

And neither you saw how you were led to this place that you described as being ...

a village of small houses ...

Don't you know how you got there?

Wasn't it through a tunnel, or conducted by a person ... was there nothing of that?

Look ... certainly ...

yes, I was driven by one person.

a person took me there.

and you do not recognize this person, you do not know who this person was?

No.

So... what happened? ...You felt ... a presence?

Yes, I felt that there was a person next to me ...

with me.

Throughout the experience?

Yes.

What about the way back, do you know how it happened?

The return ...

Wasn't it like you had arrived from a trip ... your body was there ... and then you just dived in it?

Wasn't it so?

It was not that.

You woke up ... and it was over?

Yes ... I woke up ...

and what caught my attention the most was the hushed voice of my husband ...

calling me...

and it was like I was waking up from a sleep.

You said that the place was agreeable.

Some people when they talk about their NDE say ...

that you can't describe ... the environment ... the joy ...

the communion with the cosmos ...

as if they were very strong sensations.

Did you have this?

Yes.

You felt so good ...

Very good.

as if you were part of the ...

Very good. Those people seemed very familiar ...

When they spoke to you, did they use the voice?

Or you can not explain ... or was it ... a transmission ... without word or sound ...?

Do you remember this?

I remember.

There was voice.

It was really a chat.

- You were talking and you could hear their voices? - It was a normal conversation with them.

In addition to the voices did you hear any other noise?

In that environment ...?

Hum hum.

No.

Many of the NDErs tell they were in an environment of much light ...

and that people there seemed to be made of light ..

Did it happened to you or you did not have his sensation?

It happened.

Yes.

They were smiling all the time.

Joy?

Joy, joy, as if we were old friends ...

they were very happy to see me ... very receptive ...

a very ...

- Did you feel supported? - ... loving host...

That's what I felt.

This person you said ...

that when you got there, you felt she accompanied you ...

was this person that certain man who used to speak to you or was it a different person?

It was a different person.

Then, some person led you there.

Someone led me.

I do not remember well (how was this person) ...

This person didn't talk to you?

No.

But this person took me, guided me there.

Mildrei, were you, in that situation, aware that you had just given birth to a son?

And thinking about your desire of staying, isn't it a paradox...

when you put together the fact that you had given birth to a son...

and in this other environment you wanted to stay there... in this other environment ...

How's that? How do you understand that?

You had this notion, didn't yout?

Yes.

It has been said.

Yes... yes.

Yes, yes, I ... I had this notion, yes...

Would you rather stay there than to stay with your child, how is it?

Yes...

In that moment...

It looks like a very crazy thing, but ... yes.

Although the birth of Emmanuel has been the best event ...

the sensation of being there was ... so good ... you know ...

It's as if the rest ...

It's as if nothing mattered to me ...

- nothing! - Your husband...

May God forgive me, may my son forgive me,

because one day he will watch this (video)... one day he will understand ...

all this ...

But ... the sensation was so good, you know ...

it's like ... it's like ...

nothing, nothing would link me to anything else... anything else.

It's as if I was no longer connected to anything.

That place was the...

To stay there was the most important thing for me.

Because the feeling ... the feeling of well-being was so good.

Harmony was so good ... peace, you know ...

and ... the company ... the company of those people ...

Was it very agreeable?

Very much.

It's as if I ...

it's as if ... well ...

it's as if I there were not ... other people ...

on the other side ... on the other side.

I believe I was so dazzled by the event ...

that they ... that man who talked to me ... he had to remember me, you know ...

"Look, you're here but your child has born ..."

He was the one who was reminding me things...

Because I was so amazed, I was so glad it was as if ...

Nothing else mattered?

Nothing else...

It's like...

If I had stayed there ... for me ... it's like ... the best thing ... one of the best things ...

Mildrei, people sometimes say ... not all of them...

that they are conducted ... as you were in your experience ...

but that there is a limit ... a barrier ... did you notice something?

A barrier that you can not overcome.

Did you realize at some point ... or have you been told about it? Or not?

No.

Didn't you feel that you were limited to a certain space ...

"you can't go beyond this point." ... did it happen with you?

It didn't happen.

And what about a feeling of watching a movie of your entire live ... you watching yourself ...?

Some people mention it ...

that they watched a movie of their lives from birth until now.

Didn't it happen?

It didn't happen. There wasn't a movie of my life ... There wasn't .

You think the experience was very striking, isn't it?

So much so that you remember it in details , although some time has already passed.

Having gone through this experience has changed anything in your life? ...

or did it end up as having been a dream ... "I had a dream" ...?

How's that for you?

It has changed. It has.

First, after this happened ...

when I returned to my reality...

when I was discharged from the hospital ...

I left the hospital with my family, with my son ...

and I went home,

and I got very confused.

because then I remembered ...

The experience?

Yes. I wasn't understanding ...

I kept thinking at home, "was it a dream?"

"Or not?"

I was already aware of the NDEs ...

Did you already know the subject?

Yes. I knew about their existence of them.

Had you read something about it?

Movies ... books ... reports that I followed ...

and then I was confused and thinking, "or I had an NDE or it was a dream."

and then I got depressed ... very depressed ...

You were for a while ...

I was depressed for a while.

A long time?

Ahh ...

Did you need to be medicated?

I did... I did.

I was quite a time depressed because ...

I ... imagine that ... part of it could be ... I feel that ...

this experience may have triggered a postpartum depression.

Certainly.

It triggered a postpartum depression.

You never had depression before?

No.

You not even knew what it was?

I knew ... by others ...

by what happened to the others ...

but I never had that ...

Did you need to take anti-depressant medication ...?

I did.

Did your depression lead you, for example, to a rejection of oyur own son?

Did this happen? Because in postpartum depression sometimes it happens.

Negative thoughts about the own child ...

Yes ... I had this..

You had all this?

I had it ... I had.

I had, but it was not all the time.

But sometimes ...

I ... I ... I felt very bad.

In some moments I wanted to...

to end my own life, you know?

About my son, in some moments I felt like also doing something against him ...

but the issue was more about... about me.

I had, yes, I had those moments, those thoughts ... negative thoughts ...

but I always tried to dribble them.

How do you relate this depression with the NDE?

I ask this because you told me, in our conversation, that you got depressed because you wanted to be there.

Did this happened?

Yes...

it is because I felt very linked to that place and those people, you know?

An attachment.

An attachment to these people.

It is interesting what you are talking about because ...

from a scientific point of view depression postpartum happens in some people ...

usually in people who have a history of depression in the family ...

and sometimes that postpartum depression is very serious ...

generating sometimes thoughts ... even desire of doing something ...

but not necessarily linked to the NDE.

But you made this link ...

or maybe at least initially (of the depression)?

I believe that the NDE may have triggered, yes,

because I am very stubborn, you know, and there, when I was there, there in that place during the experiment,

I did not want to leave that place.

Hum hum ...

Because of my stubbornness ... my persistence.

So, it went against my desire, right?

Against my desire.

Then, when I returned ...

when I started to get back to reality ...

I got very confused ... very confused ...

I wasn't really understanding what had happened, what was happening to me ...

and that's when I started to get depressed because ...

it's like I really didn't want to come back ...

I'm a very assumed person...

I really assume that I didn't want to return ...

I didn't want to return.

What about the attachment to material things, to personal interests ...

do you think something changed on you?

Did you become more detached ... more spiritualized? ... I think you used this word befor?

Yes, more detached.

Mildrei, going back a little bit in your description ...

you mentioned quickly that at least in that initial moment ...

when you were taken to the bathroom and suddenly became unconscious ...

when you returned you wondered whether it might have been a dream ... it was like a dream.

Today, having spent some time since the experiment, do you confirm this?

Are you still in doubt if it could be a dream? or not...?

Or was it much more real than a dream?

It was more real.

Do you rule out this hypothesis of having been a dream?

It wasn't a dream.

- Not a dream? - No.

Okay, Mildrei, I think you described very well your story to us,

and we only have to thank you.

If you want to add something, please feel free to say it.

What I would like to say ... to the people ... is that ... I think ... no matter ...

it doesn't matter what people believe ...

but I think we have to... believe, yes, that there is a Higher Power ...

Who is in charge.

There is a much Higher Power.

And it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter the faith that each one professes, all of we are always supported.

We are always assisted ... we are accompanied.

It is up to us to allow ourselves ...

It is up to me to allow myself ...

because faith is very particular, isn't it? ... It's very private.

So I believe this ... that we are never alone and it only depends on us ...

If we do believe that...

I think we should believe, yes, that there is... there is... a support ...

that is always watching us ... always taking care of us ...

that loves us so much ...

that loves in a way that we have no idea ...

and we should live life with joy ... with lightness ... with tranquility ...

Very good, Mildrei, thank you so much.

Thank you, I do thank you for the opportunity.

Did you like it?

If you liked it, please subscribe to our channel,

touch the bell,

write comments, click "like",

spread the word to friends, share,

and if you have any questions,

or if you went through an NDE and would like to share your story with the world,

please write to us.

Our email is:

afterallwhatarewe@gmail.com

This is a pursuit of all of us.

Thank you very, very, very, very much for your company and see you soon.

For more infomation >> EQM: eles me disseram o que ia acontecer | NDE: they told me what was going to happen - Duration: 37:38.

-------------------------------------------

Was Yu Darvish tipping pitches in World Series game 7? His every pitch - can you see it? - Duration: 7:36.

According to one anonymous Astros player, Yu Darvish was tipping his pitches.

When asked, Astros players have denied this, but given the success of Yu Darvish during

2017, only to find his last two appearances during the World Series end before even two

complete innings does make one wonder if the Astors did find a tell with Darvish and know

what was coming.

Before this series, Darvish had thrown over 11 innings and allowed only two runs in two

postseason starts.

He struck out 14 in the NLDS and NLCS combined but struck out none in the matchup against

Houston.

It wouldn't be the first time Darvish tipped his pitches.

Back in July of '17 he had a terrible outing and he himself admitted after review that

he was tipping pitches in that game.

The following shows every frame of video of Darvish during game seven.

Unfortunately we don't have unedited footage that shows Darvish's every move, but we

do have what aired on television.

Watch the following and see if you can see anything that is tipping the Astro hitters.

For more infomation >> Was Yu Darvish tipping pitches in World Series game 7? His every pitch - can you see it? - Duration: 7:36.

-------------------------------------------

Family Photo Of Barron Has People Going Nuts After They Saw What's In The Background - Duration: 3:24.

For more infomation >> Family Photo Of Barron Has People Going Nuts After They Saw What's In The Background - Duration: 3:24.

-------------------------------------------

What was the worst meal that you ate out of politeness? Part 1 - Duration: 7:05.

What was the worst meal that you ate out of politeness? Part 1

I was in Slovakia and had just found the home of some distant relatives. It was in the tiny village of Osturna; they had only one street, so they had never bothered to name it.

I was in their kitchen/eating area, and they offered me some bread and what I thought was cheese.

I picked up a piece of the cheese, bit into it, and realized it was lard. I probably should have just put it down, but I finished it.

I was trying to be polite. They probably thought what strange eating habits Americans have.

Then they fed me some chicken soup. It truly surprised me. It was the identicalsoup that my Mom always cooked! It was a watery soup with big globules of fat floating on the surface and some small chunks.

I had never realized that my Mom's soup was a Slovak soup; she had learned how to make it from her mom, who was an immigrant to the US from Slovakia.

I always hated my Mom's chicken soup. The floating fat was disgusting.

It almost made me gag. In fact, my wife still remarks on how rarely I order soup at a restaurant; that comes from years of eating soup that I couldn't stomach.

But sitting in that room in Slovakia, I very politely finished off the soup. A plate of half-cooked white rice with soy sauce.

I immigrated to the UK with my family when I was eight (back in 2000). Despite being a Chinese girl who spoke broken English, I quickly became good friends with a very lovely English girl called Ali.

She was the most welcoming,kind and patient person you could hope to meet, and very soon she invited me over to her house for tea.

Her mother is a similarly enthusiastic and friendly plump English lady. She told me with barely contained excitement that she has prepared Chinese food for dinner, to accommodate me.

My eight year old self was so flustered and happy to be invited, to be able to make friends and to fit in so well with my new English surroundings.

Her mother happily spooned me a plate of boiled white rice. 'Please have as much as you like!!' The rosy cheeked ladybeamed.

I stared at the sad pile of grains in shock. The rice was boiled in water and drained, not cooked in a rice-cooker. She had cooked it like pasta. The grains were half-cooked and very hard to chew.

I guess Alis mum had cooked it al dente, like pasta. Being a Chinese girl who grew up on fluffy sticky fragrant rice, this was horror like I've never seen before.

Why are all the grains separated from each other? Why is it in a watery puddle on plate? Why are you putting salt into the rice?.

'Well, rice is just the transport for the other dishes, Ill just ate more of those. ' I thought to myself in an attempt to cheer myself up.

As it turns out, the only side-dish provided was….a bottle of soy sauce. No vegetables, no meat, no cheese. Nothing.

Ali beamed, 'I love soy sauce! Yum!' she said, as she mixed soy sauce into her half cooked rice grains and took a huge bite.

By then, I basically just went, fuck it, and started to eat the rice. My eight year old mind is so confused by all that is happening and horrified by the bizarre quality of food.

Ali's family is clearly a well-off middle-class white English family living in South-East England. Yet here we are eating half cooked rice with soy sauce which is poverty food in China.

Not even poor people food, but proper poverty food that you eat to prevent yourself from dying of starvation.

Ali's mother was so sweet about it as well.

'Would you like another plate? Oh dear, I am afraid we don't have Chinese food very often, so I tried my best.' I tried to convey that it is delicious because I didn't want to hurt her feelings (and ruin my friendship with Ali, my first English friend in this foreign land.).

I guess it is just a case of both parties being too polite –Ali's mum clearly had no knowledge about Chinese cuisine, and chose the two most Chinese food she know about.

(BTW this was back in 2000, back when there weren't many Chinese restaurants in UK) She was trying so hard to be accommodating and was worried that her foreign English food might not be to the taste of a Chinese girl.

And I being a meek eight year old don't know how to say 'actually please can I have some other food to go with these badly boiled rice.'.

Ali and I are still friends now. But we tend to have pasta or pizza when we are around each other's place.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét