Thứ Sáu, 29 tháng 12, 2017

Auto news on Youtube Dec 29 2017

What truth have you been told by a mentally ill person?

I will never forget one discussion I had with a young man suffering schizophrenia when I was a junior House Officer on overtime.

I had been called to 'settle him down,' which usually translated to 'quickly administer 10mg of vitamin H (Haloperidol) intramuscularly.' Given my own tendency to madness, I always liked to try and talk to people first….

Anyway, I approached this poor young bloke as gently as I could—he was huddled, half-crying and half-murmuring in the corner of the room.

I squatted down beside him (a couple of burly security guards stood intimidatingly behind me) and I asked him what was wrong.

I cant remember exactly what he said first, but it was something like 'Im just so sick of them. Im sick of it all.

I want it all to stop.' As I asked a few more questions it became apparent that he was describing intrusive auditory hallucinations, but he could also specify that he felt threatened by the staff in the psych ward.

As I explained to him that I was here to try and help him and that I wanted him to feel better he said something to me which has never left my memory:. 'But youre just one of Them, arent you?'.

'The ones that want to keep me prisoner and control me with drugs. Now, I have always thought of myself as a pretty empathetic person, but this exchange forced upon me a particular moment of clarity: of course he felt that way—he was right.

The fact that his psychosis had turned the world into a waking nightmare did not mean that he did not continue to assess, analyse, and respond to that clouded reality as best he could.

The poor man was terrified—his fears were being confirmed by the nature of our system. Saddened, I told him that although I didnt think of it quite that way I understood that it was reasonable for him to come to that conclusion.

I told him that I did, in fact, intend to give him medication and that it would make him sleepy but that I didnt want to force that on him because I knew I wouldnt want people to do that to me.

'Well, at least youre honest,' he said. 'Will it hurt?' I told him I didnt need to use a needle if he was willing to take a tablet.

Surprisingly, he said he would prefer the needle to 'get it over with.' I gave the haloperidol into the left buttock; he winced a little and then said, 'Was that it?' I said something like, 'Yes; you might want to go and lie down for a nap.' Then the most gracious thing happened: he thanked me, shook my hand gently and went to his bed.

The nurses remarked, 'Well that was lucky. Hes been violent before.'. The experience has stuck with me because all I could think was, 'Yeah, if I believed what he believed, I'd be violent too.

Two weeks later that young bloke went back to running his local record store, free of the tricks of the mind that were torturing him. Its wonderful to watch people get better.

When I went to say goodbye to him (I was incidentally present when he was being discharged) he had no memory of me, but he politely wished me well. Im not sure Ill ever forget him, though.

For more infomation >> What truth have you been told by a mentally ill person? - Duration: 4:29.

-------------------------------------------

What caused your sociopathy and was it before the age of 5 - Duration: 9:03.

What caused your sociopathy and was it before the age of 5

For me, the causes started before the age of 5 and went on for longer. Compared to what other sociopaths on Quora went through I know I am a lucky one.

I've never been sexually abused or molested. I also never been burned or beaten until passing out.

My ordeal was much more of a psychological nature; however, it was a constant daily ordeal. Trauma is subjective, but I lived in a constant state of anxiety.

I was verbally abused and had to go endure every other type of diversion tactic a narcissist is capable of, until I just didn't care anymore.

So, here's a bit of my story it's going to be boring and not in a chronological order, I wrote as I remembered stuff, so enjoy:.

Having a neglectful, unreliable, absent father who didn't care about my health. I was sick almost constantly up to the age of six due to asthma.

If things weren't good enough I also had a chronic case of Bullous Myringitis, which is really painful. I remember spending hours on the hospitals and clinics for an appointment.

I guess because I had such a poor health I was not beaten much, just when I really did something stupid. For some stroke of luck, I've outgrown my asthma after the age of six, around the time my sister was born.

My father would sometimes stay for one or two weeks travelling for work (he worked with sales) and my mother had to look after me.

I don't think there was a lot of "looking after" because she worked two jobs, and studied in the evenings. I would stay at daycare the entire day.

There were no close relatives living in the same city, so they couldn't look after me.

My mother says she lived in constant fear of me dying because of my asthma, it reached a point she said she couldn't go to the supermarket because the fear of leaving me alone and me dying.

I almost died because of the asthma once and she recalls being called a neglectful mother by the doctor. She told me this tale many times.

I don't recall having any fear of dying. Even on those times I almost couldn't breathe. (People who have asthma know what I'm talking about.) I don't recall this incident.

My mother said we would eat only crackers since she couldn't go to the supermarket. Nowadays she uses this tale when she wants to guilt trip me, but she doesn't realize is useless trying to make me feel guilty.

Besides it strikes me as a rather odd (stupid) decision. I mean, she could in principle pick me up and take me to the supermarket with her, right? But I guess people just can't think straight when they are fearful.

When I was around 4, my father lost his job for a year or so, and my mother would be the house provider with her hectic schedule and leave me with my father "looking after" me.

I think the fact I can't sleep in a total darkness is something I picked up when my father "looked after" me. He might have locked me in a dark room to watch soccer for all I know.

Yeah, I know what you guys are thinking, big boy and afraid of the dark. Sincerely there is no fear attached to it. I just feels very uncomfortable if I can't see anything when I open my eyes.

Besides the occasion I almost died of asthma, I also almost died because of a scorpion sting, when I was five. And about seven years ago I also almost died due to a ruptured appendix, nasty stuff.

Had to stay in the hospital for two weeks after the surgery. These two near death situations have nothing to do with sociopathy, I'm just sharing my happy life moments with you guys.

I'm like a cat, and I still have 4 lives left. When my father was home, he and my mother would fight constantly. He would be nasty and vicious, verbally abusing her and this kind of stuff.

She has always been extremely codependent, and this really didn't help things much. Codependent people usually get hooked by extremely selfish and abusive people. If you guys want to know how this works I recommend reading The Human Magnet Syndrome.

I lived in the middle of an emotional turmoil. Believe me, when I say it was a big mess, much greater that is possible to describe here, I'm talking Mexican soap opera stile.

Fights and verbal abuse were the norm. Basically, everything I said was deemed as stupid bullshit by my father.

He like specially to humiliate me in front of my relatives from my mother side of the family. Those same relatives ended up screwing him up when he lent them money.

I'm not sure if he did that because he genuinely thought I was dumb (since I didn't have very good grades in school), or because I used to say stuff he couldn't understand and didn't want to look foolish.

Anyway, even that shit never made me depressed like a regular person would be. I just hated visiting the relatives. It was like Chinese torture.

Until today I guess he doesn't understand how I turned out how I did… and the best part without his help. I mean compared to all the relatives I know I have the best job.

I get paid to sit behind a desk, drink coffee, and smile under the air conditioner… and I'm getting paid to do it.

Ok, back to the emotional turmoil. When I was a teenager I used to lock myself in my room and played video games or the computer….

The fact that my parents would change me from one school to another every two years didn't help increase the size of my social circle, as you can imagine.

Probably my lack of sociability was also another sign that I was a "problematic child". Even my therapist wasn't aware of the problems of my family.

I think at that stage I didn't even see it as problems per se, just stuff I didn't like and must put up with. I also knew it wouldn't help.

I'd go to the therapy sessions and play chess with the therapist. After some time, I got bored and told my mother all I did was to play chess and she was spending money for nothing.

After that, she didn't send me to another therapist. I'll probably update this answer so it makes more chronological sense in the future and add more details.

For more infomation >> What caused your sociopathy and was it before the age of 5 - Duration: 9:03.

-------------------------------------------

Pup ink episode 5: What was in Joy's stocking - Duration: 0:19.

Whats up guys right now this

is my dogs stocking

mkay she got ball

a ball

umm

that

and

that

and thint

that

thats it for this time bye

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét