Thứ Bảy, 29 tháng 12, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Dec 29 2018

so yesterday a guest checks out of a two-bedroom apartment and takes all of

my furniture with them we're going to talk about that . updates.

another guest refused to leave the property kept the keys and I had to

cancel the reservation I'm going to talk to you about that the law around like

the lease law around it as a host and how I'm going to get my money from

Airbnb from their host guarantee and additionally we're talking about the

Airbnb bug that you all have been suffering through geez I've actually got

a way to fight this bug tips for you on that and then yes

I'm not just pouring coffee but I have actually cleaning in a suit we're gonna

talk about why I'm cleaning in a suit too so let's get right into it all right

welcome back Airbnb family so I'm cleaning in a suit because I was in a

suit before I found out that I had to be cleaning I am kind of needed last minute

here in Dallas there is a death in the family for a couple of my cleaners and

they couldn't work today and so sometimes as a host even that

scale nothing's ever truly that simple so we're a little short-staffed because

of the holidays already and this of course situation has led us to just be

like short-staffed enough that I can jump in and help so happens so

quick tip for you I'm cleaning four units at the same time in the same

building and because of that what I'm doing is I'm running all the laundry in

all four apartments first because the laundry takes the longest we've already

talked about that before so um come with me as a clean alright

we're gonna talk about the robbery first okay okay so the robbery is one of two

separate resolutions I'm dealing with they're being me right now for those of

you who aren't following our youth by our Facebook page we had a guest stay

for eight or nine days and they checked out possibly early as we walked in the

day of their checkout and all the furniture for two bedroom was completely

gone absolutely just nothing left sorry if I go blurry

you know lenses don't follow that well and I don't have it on auto focus so you

have to deal with blurry Shawn today so um essentially when we arrived we found

out furniture was gone so the first thing you need is you call the police

file a police report as a business I thought my employee could do this this

is not true you cannot have and then like an employee file your police report

in Houston if any of you know anything about the law and how to get an employee

authorization to represent a business with the police I would love to know

that so that's something that I would I had to call in and filed a police report

they can take it over the phone thankfully so that's good then you have

to of course create a resolution with Airbnb and you have to do it before the

next guest checks in otherwise you can't get the hosts guarantee problem was is

air be be removed this user from the Airbnb account because there may be

platform because their comp violated their trust and safety air meeting

health like standards which means I think this person was doing like a run

of thievery and got caught before our reservation ended right but every me did

send me message said hey this reservation of yours is now officially

high-risk they shoulda gave us heads up but they didn't sad so with that said to

after that you need of course replace your stuff and invoice on the guest in

there for the costs and the damages and so we

had to move a guest because obviously there's no furniture in the apartment

and then we've lost that reservation because we had to cancel it because they

weren't happy of the only space that we have left has it was smaller well in a

one-bedroom on Airbnb will not reimburse you for the loss of business and I need

to talk to you about another reservation because that's a huge deal with that and

I'm going to talk to you about how I'm working around that so I'm gonna have my

furniture company sending invoice for all the new furniture and across the

delivery and everything and the supply air B&B with that invoice that way I can

get reimbursed faster because I haven't paid the furniture company yet but they

you get it right get that invoice and you the resolution started so that's

what we're doing about that I'm gonna keep you posted on how this ends whether

air B&B pays me my you know host guarantee for my furniture how long it

took me to recover we're gonna talk about it

so there's another reservation that happened on the 19th the guy checked in

and was supposed to leave the 21st he did something called a holdover and in

the let's see if I can clean and talk so in though in the leasing world a

holdover is where somebody keeps the property beyond when they're supposed to

and you have to evict them well he left kind of so the way of lease ends is when

you would he like leave an apartment or home you have to return the keys had all

occupants leave and remove all your personal property well he left and took

his stuff but he kept the keys and he left 8 p.m. the day that somebody's

supposed to check in so we could not check in that guest we lost a

reservation that cost us like 550 600 dollars for the reservation and there's

a blood of a mattress so it was a message to the absolute mess of this

stay beyond his checkout time into a new day 8 p.m. that day but he kept the keys

so since air bb's not going to reimburse me for the loss of business the guys

still technically had possession of my property

according to holdover law so I'm going to of course try to pursue this guy

Roderick for replacing the linen sheets the mattress we're gonna charge him for

the cost of replacing the keys and then he nightly rate our base rate not a

discounted rate but our base rate for each single night that he stay with

possession of the keys it doesn't matter if he was sleeping there it's the fact

that he had our keys and could walk into our property at any time via access to

our property which means he was residing in the property so my Airbnb resolution

will be that Airbnb I will seek through every be if Roger does not pay as part

of their hosts guarantee to pay me for the holdover days

that's my work around on that so robbery was fun Roger stay was fun now let's

talk about the other two things that you really need to really need to know going

in 2019 and one it has to do with this Airbnb buck that all of you have been

experiencing if you have a cause to come so let me wrap up this and remove on to

another unit and keep cleaning keep talking this is just disgusting

it makes me sick to my stomach to know that Airbnb could have avoided this

whole situation with this bug and we could all still be getting paid right so

for those of you who don't know much about the bug let me bring you up to

speed air B&B what they accidentally did is they they swapped the co-hosts

primary co-host and admin permissions on a lot of things on including who gets

paid so what happens to me so this how I discovered is I've got about forty five

fifty fifty six accounts about forty some of them are active and all the

payments stopped updating like normally this one account would have most of the

revenue like almost almost 100 as a month of my revenue would go to one

account well it stopped at about $42,000 this month and we kept getting new

bookings but the payouts weren't updating right I wasn't getting any more

money for the month and I couldn't see these guest reservations like it was

just great out dates for for the calendar that I couldn't open back up

and what is going on well apparently the primary co-host could see all the new

reservations but the admin account could not and the primary cause to come is

getting paid for those numbers of different reservations well since this

happened there B me has made some changes and now the the admins can see

the the updates but um they're still not being paid so I think guests reach out

to me last night about this and that's why I figured I'd reach out to you

through this video and tell you kind of what I think you should do so if you are

like me and you also own your your co-host account make your primary

co-host account the app login right login on your app through the primary

co-host but then for all of your admin accounts

login on a browser right so my phone at four different accounts logged in I have

three from browsers like Safari Chrome and Microsoft edge or something and so

that way I can do resolutions and refunds through the admin portals but

then I do all my like push notifications guests are talking through the app

that's the best way to do it now there is an issue too Airbnb has designed

their website to open or to force open your app whenever you're trying to do

something so if you're in the resolution Center or trying to make an alteration

to a guest and you click on something in the browser it's going to try to open up

the app to prevent this from happening because I don't say you don't have

permission you don't have permission and I bet a bunch of you have been through

this so what you do is hold down on whatever button or link you're trying to

open and it'll pop up like an options window and click open in a new tab so

when you open up the air being these new window like the resolution page in a new

tab it will actually load it there and it won't force load the app so that's

how you use your admin account on the browser is if it ever tries to open up

the app app version but the admins not logged

into the app you can then keep it on the browser that way so the guests who

reached are the host to reach out to me had a question about why she's still not

getting paid she's like I'm trying I just changed this and I'm still not

getting my payments well the truth I think what she was expecting to have

happen is when when she switched herself she switched herself back from admin to

primary co-host right so there was a separate account that his primary she

switched her admin back to primary she was hoping to get all those payments

redirected back to our admin account but that's not going to happen because those

payments have already been assigned so what you need to know about this is

Airbnb has a uniform way of assigning who gets paid for a reservation they

either do it on the date that against books and when that guest books and the

money gets taken out of their account that is when they decide to pay either

the co-host or the admin or whoever is the paying party otherwise they do it

when they cut the check right so the day after check-in would be when they would

pay the co-host or the admin I'm a creeping feeling that's actually one of

the person books and when they pay Airbnb and then when it goes into like

an Airbnb version of escrow I think that's when they decide who gets paid so

even though you switch from primary like from admin back to primary co-host all

the cute reservations will still get paid to the current primary co-host

makes sense sorry to give you that news but that's just the way it is man I feel

so productive I'm cleaning

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét