Thứ Hai, 30 tháng 4, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Apr 30 2018

For more infomation >> Best Sad Rock Songs Most Depressing Songs of Classic Rock Saddest Rock Songs - Duration: 1:44:17.

-------------------------------------------

Classic Car meet Earls Barton in my 57 Chevy April 2018 - Duration: 20:24.

So I'm heading off to Earls Barton. iI's the Classic Car Meet it's the first

one of the year, first one of the season. It's a glorious day to day and the event,

couldn't remember the word, event opens at 4:30pm through til dusk. On a Wednesday, first

Wednesday of the month. It's the 18th today says I was not the first Wednesday

because it was postponed due to the waterlogged grounds or field so they put

it back two weeks so this is the rearranged rescheduled one. So I going to

tootle over there now and see who's there. It's only the second one I've

been to I see that the first one I went to was in September of last year which

was actually the last one of the year so I've had a bit of a wait to go to the

second one. And the plan is that I would like to attend a few more this year so

was he how we get on. I was unsure on which car to take. It was either Chevy

or the Cobra and you've probably worked out I'm seating in the Chevy so that's

the one I'm taking. Windows are rolled down, both sides. So I'm looking particularly cool.

And yeah it's about start her up and and see how we go. I'm just going to fix

camera in some kind of sensible position. Which probably won't end up sensible at all!

Move that round a bit.

Probably rock a bit.

And let's fire her up.

Well, starts.

It's always good.

Let it warm up a bit. It has got an electric choke on this there's actually better than the

the Cobra in terms of cold starting and it runs a lot better on the electric

choke you can pull away straight away if you want to. Unlike the Cobra those who

sort of previous video that I've popped up about starting the Cobra. I still

tend to wait for this to warm up a bit before I tootle off anywhere.

I guess one reason for that is I've got a ramp, hydraulic ramp, which the car is

straddled at the moment. So I have to go up and over that before I go anywhere

which means that you have to have a fairly good warm engine so it doesn't

stall when you start moving off straightaway, because

it's got a little hill to get up straightaway

we've been about six inches of moving off.

So if it hasn't warmed up properly sometimes it baulks at that.

It's loving warm outside 24 degrees apparently so awesomely sunny, so should

be a good show this evening. I'm going take the GoPro out and record lots of

stuff, go around with that and see what cars are there.

A bit too early on the choke.

It's been out once or twice this year so far.

So that's in neutral...

Drive...

that's in reverse...

It's a bit tight getting in and out of the garage. As long as you're slow and careful it's fine.

It only just fits in.

Over the ramp. The other car I was looking at was a 59 Caddy which

absolutely love. However it's just too big for the garage, by some two foot.

To save me having to get out and shut the garage doors, we've got

automated doors.

High of laziness.

Full tank of fuel. Now we're good to go.

I'm probably going to go via the back roads.

More interesting.

Glorious day.

Oh, brakes are a bit snatchy.

Oil pressure is good. I've got a couple of extra dials down here, one for oil pressure, one for water temperature.

Even though there is actually a water temperature up here.

Most people disconnect it it's not very accurate. It's either 'H' or 'C'. There's like a

line in between so it doesn't really tell you very much.

A lot of people put an aftermarket gauge in, which is what I've done.

...now we're going John. Oh yeah we've got to go that way. So around the country roads.

So drives completely different from the Cobra. The Cobra is a lot lighter

actually on the steering but I guess it would be as it's a lighter car overall, even

though it's got a v8 at the front. This hasn't got powered steering, although the Cobra

hasn't either. It's got skinnier tires so you would think that it was relatively easier, or would be relatively easier and lighter on the wheel.

It's fine when you're going, but...

if you have to do any maneuvering at slow speed is just hard work, it's like doing

wrestling. So I have ordered a powered steering kit for it which should be here

in a couple of weeks. And that'll be great once I get that on there.

So we're just driving through a little

village called Poddington. Which if you know drag strips you'll be familiar with

this because this is the village where Santa Pod is.

Just a bit busy here, so just wait for traffic.

We're going to go past Santa Pod in a second, or the entrance to it rather than the actual venue.

They're just re-done their strip.

So over the Winter they dug up all of the tarmac and have laid concrete down.

Only had a couple of events on it so far, on the concrete. But they are hoping for faster times this year once it starts bedding in.

There's Santa Pod, on the left.

We just started going over the A45 now,

and we're going to drop into a roundabout and then the entrance to the show is just there.

Most people will be coming across on this road,

we're just taking the most scenic route.

We should now start seeing other classics, and bikes.

All heading to the show.

Don't know if I'm early or not. Possibly.

Wonder what the time is. Oh yes, a couple of minutes early

So we're just in a bit of a queue here, because it doesn't actually open till 4:30pm.

And it's twenty past four now. So a little bit early.

But I guess they'll probably open up in a second when they realise that there's a bit of a queue.

And we're blocking up the road a bit.

We're going, it's starting to trickle in now I think.

Just get my three quid ready. It's all hot and sweaty as it's been in me trouser pocket.

I guess we're not destined for left and right hand drive here. There's a lady, is on the wrong side.

If you go along to the next one.

Oh bless you, thank you.

Thank you that's a bit easier. Thanks so much.

We are here very early doors the ice-cream man is in front of us.

You've got classics on one side of the field which is obviously where we are

heading. And you've then got general public parking on the other side.

Thank you.

Loads of people know loads of people here because everyone's stopping to chat.

Trader stands all set up and raring to go.

We're on the front row. With one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, we're the eight car in.

oh ninth car in, can't count.

So it's early in the event here. As I say we're actually here before its opened.

So not many cars here the moment. I'm just going to tootle along, see what is here and then as more start

filing in I will show you those as well.

Okay so we're heading home. My back's killing me, walking around so much.

Try and get out without running people over.

Thank you.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét