Thứ Hai, 30 tháng 4, 2018

Auto news on Youtube Apr 30 2018

In a dark corner of the basement of Beyer Hall there's a gym strictly

dedicated for members of the Iowa State Weight Club. This is a gym for serious

power lifters and strongman competitors and one of its most dedicated members is

Amy Kurr. "Powerlifting's great it helps you learn to stand up when you fall down. Kurr

is one of the most experienced members of the ISU Weight Club. The senior in

materials engineering has been coming to this gym since before she even started

classes at Iowa State as a freshman and while she loves it now her first visit

here wasn't great. "Everything was intimidating. I was new

freshmen didn't know anyone so I was like nope just kind of ran away." A friend

talked Kurr into trying the gym again but as one of the only female members she

often felt isolated. "I stuck with it I loved lifting so as long as I could find

like-minded people who are there to support me encourage me had the same

goals we're gonna help me it seemed like it go close Kurr was determined to give

other women that kind of place without feeling as intimidated as she was at

first. "I talked to some of my friends who were involved in fitness they're

like yeah it's tough meeting women who like fitness, working out, running,

swimming, anything and I was like maybe we should start up a club for that so we

started up a club for women in fitness we called it ladies in fitness training

LIFT. We wanted to connect women who loved Fitness who wanted to meet other

women the other part was we wanted to inspire these women to chase their

athletic dreams." Meanwhile, Kurr continued to chase hers. She entered and won

several powerlifting competitions setting multiple collegiate records

along the way but she was still looking for new challenges and she found some

while studying abroad. "While I was overseas in Britain I got introduced to

strongman competitions or the strongmen atmosphere and then decided I loved it

wanted to go try out some competitions." "Go Amy@" Kurr has stayed busy in her time

at Iowa State she's a member of women in science and engineering and the Society

of Women Engineers last fall she was selected to be part of the Cardinal

Court but it's her work helping to grow a community for women and fit

that she's most passionate about. "Would love to come back 10, 20 years from now

and just know that something that started as you know nothing too great

whatever turned into something great." Kurt hopes to continue training and competing

in powerlifting and strongman competitions after she graduates this

spring and while she's helped grow the weightlifting community on campus, Kurr

says she's also grown a lot because of that same community. "So I've gained a lot

out of being part of the Weight Club, some of it has just been extreme

personal growth just realizing more about you know who I am what I want

dreams goals has been an incredible journey." For Iowa State News Service I'm

Dave Olson.

For more infomation >> Iowa State graduate helps build a fitness community for women - Duration: 3:05.

-------------------------------------------

HOW TO BUILD A TROPICAL ANT FARM | Creating an Exotic Formicarium - Duration: 17:56.

Hi guys is Ants Britania and today, I'm going to be showing you how to make a tropical formicarium for your ants.

So guys, to make this formicarium you're obviously going to need to buy a few bits and few bits of materials

so I went to my local pet store and

My local pet store is called pets at home. Some of you guys in the UK

Might know might know the pet store. This is where I purchased this tank here.

It only costs 15 pounds. It's not too bad. It's waterproof

Which is a perfect or a tropical formicarium, because there's gonna be a lot of humidity?

And I am actually going to be creating a small kind of pond or lake in this formicarium. I also bought some

substrate; some sand for the formicarium

for the pond

And I've also got some kind of soil leftover from when I did my trap jaw

formicarium, I've also purchased a

hygrometer I think that's how you pronounce it but

hygrometer basically measures humidity in the formicarium

Which is essential when keeping tropical ants because you want to make sure you have the correct humidity

Type of ant species that you have so yeah, I am went to my local garden center

That's basically where you can buy plants

here in the UK and I don't know the specific names for these plants

But this is called a Fattonia, but I know

Hopefully look quite nice in the tropical formicarium

That I'm planning to make. I actually keep a couple of Fattonia's in my house here

And they are very strong and out of all the plants I've kept

They tend to grow the quickest and they have to survived through everything. They are very tough plants

I also purchased

Some Gravel

now the gravels in this kind of blue sieve here

The gravel will came in a small kind of pack, it's for aquariums, but it came in a small pack and I

soaked the

gravel in this container here over 24 hours overnight and

in

Some water and then I proceeded to rinse the gravel under some under some water

this is just this is essentially just to get rid of any kind of dust that may be sitting on top or around the

Gravel. You don't really want that in

Formicarium. You want the water as clear as possible

And as clean as possible

I'm also going to use some of this coco brick. I used, as you can see half is gone because I use half of it in my

Trap Jaw ant formicarium

So if you guys haven't seen at my trap jaw ants, I'll leave a link below in the description. I made a nice little video

Showcasing their arrival, and how I kind of set up there formicarium

If you guys are planning on keeping an exotic species of ant, that might be a good kind of starter video for you to watch

But this will help you out if you want to create

Your Tropical Formicarium. So guys, We'll start by adding in our base layer of gravel

Now this will hold the water quite well at the bottom of the tank because sometimes if you just put in

Soil, or sand at the bottom

And then add a lot of moisture it can create some kind of mold and compressed mud at the bottom of the tank which

Smell rather bad, so don't tend to one bone, so it's good to create a smooth base layer of gravel

Then I'm gonna lay over a small sheet of plastic which has a few holes in it. This will keep the rocks

Separated from from the sand and the soil. It will keep most of it seperated from the sand and soil

It will just allow a good separation of the substrates. I don't really want any kind of sand or soil

Slipping through the cracks and the robbers crack down mud at the bottom

But let's get cracking guys and let's get creative

Okay, let's we're gonna turn my here trying to do this now, but make it an absolutely met

But I'm gonna try and make it try and just lay in this here at the bottom here

Now as some people may know who have aquariums. I have like a little aquarium you can

See behind me if you guys want to

see a

kind of video on my abrasion

Just let me know in the comment that you want to see we shall confer as some people may know with aquariums you tend to

Make the bottle too popular tank

reasonably high and then you back the tank high and that makes the front of the tank where

You put most visibility what though this creates like a sense of dip

In the in the tank makes it look bigger than it actually is

So I'm going to try

The same process with my thumb carry minute. I will try and create the pot the front and the tank

Which is usually hopefully be at the lowest point if I was part of the tank itself

So guys I've created a kind of foundation layer

This is about a centimeter deep so now I'm going to start shaping the graben of the land as to the landscape

I want to create

So guys I've got the back end of the tank saw in so where the pond is going

I'm just gonna create a small opening for the front here

Okay guys now all of our gravel in place where we want it

So as you can see is a slight slant in the tank whether the back of the tank is a lot higher than

The front of the tank and are created just in

Semicircle at the front of the tank where st. Louis where I plan to create the small pond

okay, guys next step I

cut out some

plastic from a

Packet that was around some blue rolls

That's some toilet rolls, and I'm going to lay it it round over the top of most of this gravel

Even the bottom of the pod just to separate the substrates try and make it

Invisible around the sides because you don't really want to see

Bits of plastic around the side of the tank, so I'm gonna try and separate a little

Now we've added in our plastic kind of sheeting over the top of our gravel

Now I'm going to proceed with adding in the sand for the pond for the bottom the pond

this will kind of give it a more on that fistic feel and

Sand has really good filtration with a filter into the rocks quite well around the sides and everything so

Let's go ahead and add that I bought myself some

Some desert sands. This is made by pets at home. It's their own brand. It's it's not fine

It's quite quite a thick sound which is good as it means if the ants

wish to move it about they can sometimes the problem is with fine sand it can get quite dusty and

As sometimes struggled to walk on it the sound this is very good for all kinds of phone carriers because it has a great contrast

to

all colored kind of ants

Unless they're sand covered of course

Okay, so

I've got the sound now where I want it. Just around the basin of the pond and as you can see here

I've placed the sand at the front of the tank right guys now. It's time to add in our swim

I'm going to add this around sand around the edges here, okay

So we're gonna be adding in some plants all first, so this is some house plant compost

This is specific for these kind of like houseplants these kind of plants. I'm really putting in the formal karyam and

This compost will have the required nutrients minerals for those plants to grow successfully if you guys are thinking about keeping

Live plants in your former Carians be sure to get right

so

specific for your plan

So guys I've added in all the plants all the I require and as you can see here. We're not salon there where

The back is a lot deeper

Than the front this will obviously create some kind of debt

In the form of areum's I can't really be showcased at the moment cuz we don't have anything in the tank

But now I'm just going to go ahead and add a little bit more sand just to cover up this plastic here

So guys I've added in some more, Sam and it's starting to look like a good foundation

from former Carrie Amir

it's good to add a variety of substrate because then your hands can kind of choose as well as

What temperature they like humidity they like they can also choose what?

Material to build build into so here. I've kind of given them a good choice

between quite a fine sand and quite

Thick soil, so it's completely up to them as to where they dig and build the nest now

It's time to add our

plants into our small formal carry over here and

I'm going to try and repeat the same kind of process

And keep the smaller plants

Towards the front or the foam cam and the large plants towards the back

So let's go ahead and add some bees plants it

I don't know the specific names of these plants if you do know the name of these plants to help people out it would be

Fantastic if you wrote a comment in the comment section below just let people know what the plant is called alright

Let's add these plants in

With a stomach by handing

This to

Tonio plan now I didn't know it was called that I just literally looked at the label

Of love well so to be good

So guys I think we're all done in all the plants and

It's starting to look like a naturalistic

Tropical formic area and as you can see here. It looks absolutely beautiful

So guys I'm extremely happy with the way things turned out so far

So we kind of next step for me is to add some kind of rain forest litter and the top of the soil here

To make a bit more naturalistic to the end, okay, so I'm going to use some EXO terror

Rain forest substrate, hopefully give it that rain forest meal

Right now we've got our

All of our substrate layers. We've got our parabola

We've got our plant soil

We've got our sand through our pond

And we've got our kind of rain forest litter on the surface of our soil here and of course

We've got our plants so guys

This is the complete foundation of our tropical form aquarium finished

so all we need to add now is just a little bit of water and a little bit of heat to step and

That's humidity, and then we are all done, so let's go ahead and add the water

I've got my water and I've got this plastic kind of a cutout piece of plastic here of the container

Which has a hole through the bottom of it

I am basically gonna pour water into that small container, and it's gonna flood down through the hole

It's just so I don't disturb the substrate too much because if I obviously pour the soup bowl winter

Into the form tab it might move the soil Makalu the plants around and make it

Make it look a bit less attractive. So this is a good way or keep it on substrate where you want it

Hopefully this doesn't go horribly wrong, but we're gonna find out

Oh

Maybe using the huge bowl is not good idea and we've back with you in two seconds with a smaller bowl

Okay guys

so I

Managed to find this jug which is actually perfect for the kind of job that I need need to do

Never use the wrong tools for the wrong jump obviously

Lesson learned there by me

So nice after adding in the last bit of water. We're finally finished of tropical for Macario and

for those say so myself are they extremely happy with the way this has turned out it is truly a

recreation of a

tropical environment

So guys that is pretty much how to make a truck called former karyam? I?

honestly, hope this video helped any

Potential exotic and keepers out there

My when I first started keeping in God's hands

I didn't really have an idea of what to create what to put them in because obviously their environment is completely different to

European environment, so if you're living in Europe or like the UK like me

It is always a great idea to create your own little tropical cell like this

but if you're thinking of creating a nest to be attached to this if you just wanna use it as an out well I

Did make a new little video on how to create a plaster form karyam fast plus wind currents are usually really good. They have

Good filtration, so the water will hydrate the net really well

I'll leave a link below in the description if you want to check out that plants in this video

We can come in handy

You wish to just make

An additional nest for your aunt's so guys all I need to do now in terms of this nest just add a heat map underneath

I'm gonna add my

hygrometer the AMIA which detects humidity good place on the glass and

Bob's your uncle and I'm finished it's been a pleasure making it

Home care of it here and a pleasure showing you guys how to make it. It's not just been

Me showing you guys how to make something I've learned if you think myself as well

so that's always great when you you learn something as well, so guys I

upload videos every

Single weekend. There's no specific day or time

But we can do compete might be dopants come up at any point in other weekend

If you find yourself liking at this video be sure to hit that subscribe button

Hit the belly button as well because that will notify you when my video has been uploaded for cause and next week

We are going to be moving a tropical and species into this former area

Now that will be revealed in next week's videos so be sure to tune in for that

I hope you enjoyed this video and have a great weekend, and I'll see you next week

And I also purchased a hygrometer to mention humidity in the air from Karen, which is essential if you want

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét