Thứ Sáu, 8 tháng 9, 2017

Auto news on Youtube Sep 8 2017

(fast upbeat music)

- Being able to take that pride

and saying I work for

the University of California,

it says something.

- [Man] I think a big part

of what I enjoy

about working at the UCPath Center

is that really

it's like a startup company.

- [Man] But also a place where

it has the support of UC.

- That's something that really excites me

is knowing that

whatever I'm doing today,

there's an impact

towards 200,000 employees.

- [Woman] We're at the forefront

for educational institutions everywhere.

- It's just a place that

you can feel innovative.

- [Woman] I feel that my ideas

and suggestions do

have a large impact.

- [Man] The culture and energy

here is phenomenal.

- [Woman] I love the diversity

of the group of people I work with.

- [Woman] You have unlimited

opportunities for growth here.

- I have a wonderful supervisor

who has already assisted me

with my short term and long term goals.

- [Woman] I started as an HR generalist.

Today I'm an HR supervisor.

- [Woman] You have a team behind you

that's so supportive

and wants to see you

continue to achieve amazing things.

- [Man] The pay here is competitive.

- [Man] Excellent benefits,

it's just a great place to work.

[Man] I expect to have a lifelong career here.

(upbeat music)

For more infomation >> UCPath Center is hiring now. Work at the University of California. - Duration: 1:27.

-------------------------------------------

California Tiny House #1 | Beautiful 18 Ft Home On Wheels - Duration: 1:42.

CALIFORNIA TINY HOUSE #1 | BEAUTIFUL 18 FT HOME ON WHEELS

For more infomation >> California Tiny House #1 | Beautiful 18 Ft Home On Wheels - Duration: 1:42.

-------------------------------------------

Vintage Craftsman House in San Rafael, California | Perfect Small House Design - Duration: 1:45.

Vintage Craftsman House in San Rafael, California

For more infomation >> Vintage Craftsman House in San Rafael, California | Perfect Small House Design - Duration: 1:45.

-------------------------------------------

The Beautiful California Tiny House On Wheels - Duration: 1:57.

The Beautiful California Tiny House On Wheels

For more infomation >> The Beautiful California Tiny House On Wheels - Duration: 1:57.

-------------------------------------------

California Tiny House #3 | Beautiful 24 Ft Home On Wheels - Duration: 2:56.

CALIFORNIA TINY HOUSE #3 | BEAUTIFUL 24 FT HOME ON WHEELS

For more infomation >> California Tiny House #3 | Beautiful 24 Ft Home On Wheels - Duration: 2:56.

-------------------------------------------

Ferrari Portofino, la nuova coupé-cabriolet erede della California - Duration: 5:29.

For more infomation >> Ferrari Portofino, la nuova coupé-cabriolet erede della California - Duration: 5:29.

-------------------------------------------

First-generation students at the University of California - Duration: 2:29.

So 20 years ago when I was an undergrad we didn't we didn't have a name for the

experience of being first in the family to go to university. I started at

community college but university was a real culture shock

it was incredibly stimulating and very very lonely at the same time. So I had a

rough first semester like almost every first-generation student that I've met.

There's something special about being first that if you leverage it, sets you

up uniquely for success and so we're holding up faculty as a model to

students to say we want you to be proud of being first in the family that means

that you are driven you're ambitious you're probably more resilient because

you got here. It's really highlighting the things about being

first generation that are strengths and by holding up faculty as models to those

students we are emphasizing that we believe you're bringing strengths. You

may have some areas where you need your roadmap and that's why we're here, right?

But we want to focus on the idea that this is exciting. That you make our

University of a better place. Now it's a UC system-wide initiative that focuses

on raising awareness of both the high first-generation population amongst our

student body but also about raising awareness of our faculty who were first in the family.

All 10 UC campuses have united in a system-wide effort to

connect first-generation college students with first-generation faculty

members who have walked in their shoes. Close to 900 faculty members have

identified themselves as first-generation and stepped forward to

participate in this mentorship effort. 42 percent of our undergraduates come from

families where neither parent went to college and within six years of

graduating they're making more than their total family income when they

enrolled at UC. Anyone who has been the first to do something knows it can be

tough and it carries extra challenges. We want to be sure these students know they

are not alone and that there is support available like mentorship and academic

and financial advising to help them succeed. Many of our faculty staff alumni

and leadership had strength and drive to push past barriers

and blazed a trail for others. We celebrate them along with all current

and future first-gen students.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét