Hey everybody and welcome to the video.
Today we're talking about yourself and others noticing your progress during your weight
loss journey.
Let's get into it.
So I am excited to bring you guys another comment from this new format for 'Walk With
Me'.
I really feel like this is going to be a great way to cover a lot of different topics that
normally I wouldn't really be able to talk about.
And hopefully you guys have been liking doing it this way, definitely, if you ever have
any topics or anything leave them down below for me and we can always cover it on a future
episode.
But the topic for today comes from Jack Pot, and he had asked:
"Hey so I just lost 50lbs and have about 140lbs more to go to hit the goal weight.
But people haven't seemed to notice at all.
The only people who have noticed are people who I told I was going on a diet.
When did people start to notice you losing weight and how much weight did it take for
you to feel better?"
So for reference, if anyone is new around here, I started my weight loss journey--I
was 315lbs at my heaviest, or as far as I am aware of.
And for the duration of this channel, my weight has hovered between about 175lbs and 185lbs.
So for me coming from 315, I feel like I didn't really---I feel like I didn't start to get
those crazy comments until I was about 250ish, from what I can remember.
I had a few close family members and things along the way obviously notice as I was going
down because they knew I was dieting.
I definitely started to get comments from people I didn't see regularly probably around
that 250lb mark.
The main reason I chose this, the second part of this question.
How much weight did it take for me to start feeling better?
So this was definitely something I struggled with on the way down, and I'm sure most of
you do too, if you're on a longer-term weight loss journey.
I remember being down 60lbs, 70lbs, 80lbs down, and having worked for years to get to
where I was and I was still so unhappy with how I looked and I just felt like all of that
work I had put in just seemed so frustrating because it had taken me so long to get to
where I was and I still was not in the slightest bit happy with my body.
It's very easy to get discouraged with yourself on the way down.
Because for me, until I got really close to my current and goal weight, when I was 20
or 30lbs of it kind of started to click, and I kind of had in my head like 'Alright, this
is it.
I've just gotta power through a little bit more and I'm at the finish line'.
And I had started to become a little bit happier with my body, but for the 3 and a half years
before that, it was definitely not the case.
You have to do your best to keep the big picture in mind.
Just know that you are going to hit your goals if you keep working and it's all going to
pay off in the end if you follow through.
That's why I had so many backslides in my journey, because I was so unsatisfied with
the progress, I had just kind of had enough and slid back into old habits.
I wish I had better advice to help fix and help any of you that are currently in that
situation but from my experience the only way I was really able to get over that was
time and hard work towards my goals.
I know I've talked about this before, but trying to set those smaller goals along the
way can definitely help, taking those transformation photos can definitely help, but someone with
that much weight to lose, you know 100+ pounds.
Being morbidly obese, you have-- your weight can fluctuate so much without people noticing.
So I definitely wouldn't feel bad if people haven't noticed yet.
It's easy for those weight fluctuations, even 20, 30, 40lbs.
If you're at that point where you have so much to lose your weight can fluctuate that
much without you even noticing.
With me getting to my goal weight now one of the really surprising things was that I
can tell if I've gained or lost 5lbs.
Like, it's a big difference in my physique, but when we're heavier I don't think any of
us would have noticed, "Oh, I gained 20lbs this month from eating so much."
Those weight fluctuations are barely noticeable from ourselves, how do you think we were able
to get to the weight that we were at?
I wouldn't feel discouraged if people don't notice, you didn't notice that dramatic of
a change on your way up I'm sure, I know I didn't.
I know one of the big ways I felt like I was able to push through was taking all of that
frustration from not being to where my goals were at, and channeling that into pushing
my progress further.
So just channel that all into more progress as best you can.
Like I said, I know I struggled a lot with this and there's no definite advice I can
give that's going to fix it.
So just do your best to push through, people will definitely be noticing if you keep working
at it.
But I hope everyone's week is going well, I'm filming 2 'Walk With Me's' this week,
trying to get a little bit of lead time.
I want to make sure I have enough free time to visit with my family when they come into
town.
My family and everyone I know lives back in Michigan so it's been--so it's been an adjustment
for sure, being away from them.
So I'm just trying to get a little bit of a head start, I've got a busy week of editing.
I'm actually in the middle of editing the vlog that will have just came out this past
Friday, I hope you guys checked it out, it is coming along so well.
I know I've made the vlogs back in the day but I feel like these are just a quality I
can be proud of finally.
So it's been fun to progress as a youtuber, but I hope you guys all enjoyed the video,
be sure to give it a like if you did.
It helps the channel grow, and subscribe if you want to see more.
I put these out every Monday and I put other videos out every Friday.
And leave me a comment down below if you have any questions you want me to cover.
But until next time, I will talk to you all later.
Have a good one.
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét