If you want to know how to make the BEST Chinese hot and sour soup, stay tuned.
I'm Tess and today I'll be making this delicious Chinese hot and sour soup that
is better than takeout . (intro music)
I'm starting by soaking some mushrooms. This is black
fungus mushrooms or cloud ear mushrooms. They will be dried and you either see
them whole or sliced. I'm rehydrating by pouring over some warm water and letting
them soak for about 15 to 30 minutes and then I will drain and rinse.
The other mushroom found in Chinese hot and sour soup are shitake mushrooms. These are
dried and I will be doing the same by soaking them in warm water. Afterwards, I
will cut them in slices. I usually cut out the stems as they tend to remain firm.
These mushrooms add a unique and classic taste to the hot and sour soup.
You can find these mushrooms at your local Asian market or I will leave a
link below where you can purchase them online. Now I'm preparing the meat.
I'm using chicken but you can also use pork. I have my chicken cut into thin slices
and I'm marinating in some light soy sauce, shao xiang wine or you can use
rice vinegar, a little white pepper and some corn starch. Giving that a good mix
and setting to the side.
In my saucepan I'm adding in the chicken broth and turning my heat up to high.
This is homemade chicken broth but if you're using a boxed or can broth
remember to choose a low-sodium. I prepped all my ingredients and they are
in sliced or julienne pieces. I'm adding in some minced ginger, the mushrooms,
bamboo shoots, carrots and this is optional this is a sliced seeded red
chili pepper for a little more heat and color. Stirring, bringing up to a boil...
reducing to a simmer and cooking for five to eight minutes.
In goes my chicken and giving that a stir. Now I'm adding in some light soy
sauce and some black vinegar. This is another ingredient that gives this
Chinese hot and sour soup a distinct flavor. I'm adding in some chili paste
for some heat and just a little dark soy sauce that will give the soup its color.
Adding in some white pepper that will also add some heat. Giving that a stir
and look at that beautiful rich color! Turning my heat back up to bring up to a
boil and cooking for another three to four minutes.
We're almost done! To give this Chinese hot and sour soup a thicker consistency,
I'm adding in some cornstarch slurry. I have three tablespoons of cornstarch
mixed with some water and I'm adding a little at a time. As the soup comes back
up to a boil you will see the soup thicken. Now I'm adding in two beaten
eggs and just drizzling over the top. I'm not going to stir for at least five to
ten seconds then give it a gentle stir and the eggs will form this classic strands.
One last ingredient and that is the tofu. This is an extra firm tofu and I'm just
going to stir and cook for one more minute to heat through and we are done.
The Chinese hot and sour soup smells amazing! If you love hot and sour soup as
much as I do you will really enjoy this recipe. It tastes just like the classic
Chinese restaurant hot and sour soup... even better! The leftover soup heats up
well and it tastes great for lunch the next day. Garnishing with some chopped
green onions. I hope you give this Chinese hot and sour soup a try and enjoy.
If you like this Chinese hot and sour soup recipe please hit the LIKE and
SUBSCRIBE button. Remember to hit the "BELL" next to the SUBSCRIBE to make sure
that you get my future video recipes. You can also find me on Facebook and at my website.
Feel free to SHARE this recipe and my channel with your friends and
family. And until next time... Much Love!
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét