California housing crisis affecting middle class the most: It's 'a broken system'
-------------------------------------------
California Health Officials Release Guidelines To Avoid Cellphone Radiation - Duration: 1:51.
For more infomation >> California Health Officials Release Guidelines To Avoid Cellphone Radiation - Duration: 1:51. -------------------------------------------
Abre sus puertas primer parque de hielo en California | Noticiero | Telemundo - Duration: 2:14.
For more infomation >> Abre sus puertas primer parque de hielo en California | Noticiero | Telemundo - Duration: 2:14. -------------------------------------------
Battle rages to contain Thomas wildfire in California - Duration: 1:49.
For more infomation >> Battle rages to contain Thomas wildfire in California - Duration: 1:49. -------------------------------------------
HOLY HELL! BREAKING NEWS Out Of California…. It's REALLY BAD And NOT About The Wildfires - Duration: 4:10.
HOLY HELL!
BREAKING NEWS Out Of California….
It's REALLY BAD And NOT About The Wildfires A full-blown housing crisis has gripped California,
marked by a severe lack of affordable homes and apartments for middle-class families.
The median cost of a home here is now a staggering $500,000, twice the national cost.
Not just low-income, affordable housing, but middle-income, working-class housing for teachers,
firemen and long-time residents hoping to live anywhere near work, Fox News reports.75
percent of Southern Californians can't afford to buy a home, according to the state realtors
association.
* 16 of the 25 least affordable communities in the US are in California, according to
24/7 Wall Street.
* Officials this year declared a homeless emergency in San Francisco, Los Angeles, San
Diego and Orange counties.
* 56 percent of state voters say they may have to move because of a lack of affordable
housing.
One in four say they will relocate out of state, according to University of California
Berkeley's Institute of Governmental Studies.
* A median price home in the Golden State is $561,000, according to the realtors association.
A household would need to earn $115,000 a year to reasonably afford a home at that price,
assuming a 20 percent down payment.
Yet, two thirds of Californians earns less $80,000, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
* The household income needed to afford a median-priced home in the Silicon Valley town
of Palo Alto is $450,000.
* In San Francisco, a median priced home is $1.5 million, according to the Paragon Real
Estate Group.
* Home prices in California are twice the national average, and 70 percent can't afford
to buy a home, according to state figures.
* Median household income in L.A. is $64,000.
That's half what is necessary to buy a home.
*1 in 10 residents are considering leaving because they can't afford a place to live,
according to a state legislative study, while US Census figures show 2 million residents,
25 and older, have already left the state since 2010.
* In 2016, 30 percent of California tenants put more than 50 percent of their income toward
rent and utilities, according to the California Budget & Policy Center.
Economists consider 30 percent the limit.
* California needs to double the number of homes built each year to keep prices from
rising faster than the national average, according to the Legislative Analyst's Office.
"The biggest tragedy of California is we have stopped building houses for the middle
class," said Borre Winkle with the Building Industry Association of San Diego.
"Think of California's housing market as a martini class.
We're building some affordable housing at the low end.
Absolutely nothing in the middle and the top end is high-income housing, which subsidizes
low-income housing.
So that is a broken system."
"California is a state that just absolutely loves regulations.
And the problem of housing in California is one of regulatory overreach," Winkel said.
"In San Diego, 40 cents on the dollar of production of housing goes to regulations
alone.
It's not uncommon to have $100,000 in impact fees on a single-family house and try to sell
a house with that type of cost burden."
Trust me, California sucks in so many ways it's actually mind boggling.
California was once paradise.
Uncrowded beaches and freeways, relatively low crime rate and job opportunities were
endless.
Now, because of liberalism California is completely out of control.
-------------------------------------------
Image of the Week - Southern California Wildfires, December 2017 - Duration: 0:56.
Landsat 8 images show southern California in
December 2017. Extremely dry, strong winds rapidly
spread wildfires through the area northwest of Los Angeles.
The Thomas Fire burned over two hundred thousand acres
between December 4th and 13th.
Fires are not typical this time of year, however,
very little rain fell during the previous summer and fall.
Landsat's 30-meter resolution allows detailed mapping
of burn severity. Its shortwave infrared and near-infrared bands
provide an accurate distinction between burned and
unburned vegetation.
The image from ASTER complements Landsat's imagery.
Here, vegetation is red and the burned area as gray.
-------------------------------------------
$600,000+ paid out in settlements involving California senators for bad behavior - Duration: 1:41.
For more infomation >> $600,000+ paid out in settlements involving California senators for bad behavior - Duration: 1:41. -------------------------------------------
California Weighs Lifting Ban on Medi-Cal Coverage for Undocumented Immigrants - Duration: 3:13.
For more infomation >> California Weighs Lifting Ban on Medi-Cal Coverage for Undocumented Immigrants - Duration: 3:13. -------------------------------------------
California Senator Asked To Take Leave Amid Misconduct Probe - Duration: 2:35.
For more infomation >> California Senator Asked To Take Leave Amid Misconduct Probe - Duration: 2:35. -------------------------------------------
The U of R School of Business: A Private Southern California Business School - Duration: 2:28.
I wanted to get my MBA because it opens up doors that you wouldn't otherwise
have I got the master's degree in information technology the MS IT degree
it's actually probably responsible for me getting the division manager position
I like to add value to myself so an education that gives me the tools I need
to become creative especially in business
it's something I've always been interested in the School of Business is
a Southern Californian Business School for professionals while it has its
hallmark at Redlands it is seven campus wide 28,000 alumni
while our class size may be as you see out there fifteen to one which is what
we want a professional environment our scale is actually large I chose the red
ones for a very specific reason the student body was made up of a diverse
group of individuals from different backgrounds different positions in their
careers and so I wanted that dialogue I wanted that diversity in that
interaction what's special about the red lease Business School is it combines the
history the liberal arts tradition of University of Redlands with a career
focused business education so our students not only are able to take a
broad view of the world but they're also able to develop very specific business
skills that will help them succeed in their careers and the University of
Redlands is also a blessing because they are investing in us as well and I feel
that that's and that's what's gonna drive me to come the best person that I
can be 95% the school business students would recommend this field to a
colleague a friend has really quite an endorsement and something that we really
are proud of they feel a pathway to their success and that's a core element
of how we think about the red student what is their pathway to success
and how can we provide the classes the experiences the opportunities to
expedite that pathway when they're in school and you're here and when they
leave
you
-------------------------------------------
Vegas PBS Special Ticket Offers | California Space Centers - Duration: 0:46.
Join Vegas PBS for an overnight trip
to Los Angeles to visit the Griffith Observatory
and also see the space shuttle Endeavour
at the California Science Center.
You'll depart Vegas PBS on Friday, March 23
via deluxe coach for an afternoon tour
of the Griffith Observatory,
the planetarium and space exhibit gallery.
Then enjoy an overnight stay at the L.A. Hotel Downtown
and dinner at the Souplantation.
Delight in morning pastries and coffee the next day
before departing for the California Science Center
to visit space shuttle Endeavour
and the exhibit.
Donate $289 per person based on double occupancy
by calling 702.737.7500
or visiting VegasPBS.org/Specials.
-------------------------------------------
50 Years of Justice in the Central District of California - Duration: 11:27.
The building was enormous in the old schools a bunch of concrete and granite benches kept
up and burnished beautifully and walking the marble halls.
It is a beautiful courthouse so many cases have gone on there. It is majestic. So many
phenomenal judges have been in there. It is storied and I think the heart and the spirit
of that is something that everybody needs to keep inside of them because that's what
really who the Central District is. From the judges to the staff to the law clerks to the
court clerks to the AUSA's to the Public Defenders, that is the family.
Of the people first and foremost, the history of this office. The remarkable legacy that
one inherits and then one has an obligation to carry forward into the future. And we just
attract the best people who understand that ethic and that commitment and live by it.
Here in Los Angeles, I got a call from Senator Wilson and he said, "well Mr. Bonner I'm
so pleased that you are willing to become the United States Attorney because I'm going
to be submitting your name to President Reagan" and I'm saying, "you're pleased, you
couldn't have made me happier Senator I mean this is this is my dream job".
I mean look, I'm incredibly blessed to say the least. It was beyond my wildest dreams.
And you want to talk about sort of your life flashing in front of you.
When the word came out that I had been nominated, "first woman" and of course always the
stories about me almost from the beginning were "first woman." I am being interviewed
and I talk about my parents, my mother born in Mexico and my father born in England and
I never formalizing his relationship to this country, he's the illegal alien but my mother
was a naturalized citizen. Kept arguing or telling me how young I was
and I didn't have any experience and I didn't know what I was doing as US Attorney.
The reason I went to law school was having seen and read "To Kill A Mockingbird"
having read the book and I thought boy that's what I want to be Atticus Finch wow. And well
then when you get out into the real world at least I'm just talking me, I realized
that holy cow, what a privilege this is to be able to work for the ideals and the values
that are in the Constitution. Look at the cases that the U. S. Attorney's
Office out here brings. Look what the OCDETF folks brought, Major Crime's folks or the
Fraud folks. You can look at ten, twenty, thirty, several hundred (bleep) have been
ensnared by the Federal Government in some of those very strong driven cases by the DEA,
ATF, FBI and all the other agencies. When I was the U.S. Attorney we had more cases
than you can imagine. Almost every area you can think of major narcotic cases, major money
laundering cases, defense procurement fraud cases, security fraud cases through the principally
through the Major Fraud section and so forth. It was clear that the Rodney King prosecution
had to be resolved. People were not in agreement in the U.S. Attorney's Office. Some people
thought we should go ahead right away and indict them and go for it. Others including
myself I felt it was the States problem, it was the State guys that had done it, it wasn't
the Feds that had done it. Well as you know they did not prevail, they got a Grand Jury
together the very next day and we had the indictments in a week at least state that
there had been an indictment and we were going to go forward with the case.
Some of the tougher decisions and the ones that actually came to me immediately were
whether to appeal an adverse decision. I mean the Armstrong case I was very involved in
that case. That was the case that went to the Supreme Court over allegations of selected
prosecution in crack cocaine. And I had to fight pretty hard to get them to take that
case. I mean they don't take many discovery cases to the Supreme Court.
The espionage cases you realize you can't always surface all the information that you
have. So when you analyze the situation you have to look at it with the framework of a
single spy now a double spy but what if they are now going in triple because that did happen.
Bank robbery, there was a bank robbery every day in Los Angles on average. It was almost
like half the bank robberies of the entire nation occurred in the Central District of
California, I'm not kidding you. It was an extraordinary period but also a very period
of great energy and enthusiasm and espirit de corps within the U.S. Attorney's Office.
I was the appointed United States Attorney in Los Angeles after 9/11. And the world changed
on 9/11 at least for us in federal service. I could feel that difference and it felt very
daunting and it felt very serious and it felt very needing of the utmost caring attention.
I remember in particular some of the gang work, they cleaned up the entire neighborhoods,
what's the impact, what happened? A year ago the Feds came in they took down I can't
remember the number now 77 some odd gang members and the answer is, we can walk the streets.
These little kids can walk down to catch the bus and they're not going to get jumped.
I had a vision which I saw needed some work. Is to try and bring both the Criminal and
the Civil side together as a single office. Resources was always the battle, there was
the Attorney General Advisory Commission that the Attorney General put together and everyone
was looking for resources. I was very fortunate and that I could stand-up and say, "hey
wait a minute we are three times the size of the second largest New York, which is always
our competitor and we are three times as large not only in territory but certainly in population
and in the criminal statistics". The amount of institutional knowledge that
the Brosios had both with the respect to the Criminal and Civil Divisions was amazing and
it was important to the office. Bob was the unique person; he was the one
who had the ever-living mind. Fred was a genius, Bob knew everything about
the criminal justice system and if you could get your case by Bob Brosio, it was going
to be a winner when you went to court. It's important for AUSA's to connect with
the community so that they understand the community that they are serving and protecting.
What's going to separate you is being a good guy or a good girl and projecting and
if you put that together you can't miss.. Probably put more emphasis on personality
than grades. I thought grades was certainly an indicator and very important but I like
to think that I was getting people persons because that's the job of an Assistant in
court is to be a people person to sell. There aren't too many lawyers who can claim
that they represent the United States of America. That's the position that I think they should
they have to take. They are not there to win or lose cases, they were there to represent
the United States Government. It is the single best job you will ever have
your worst days as an AUSA is hundred times better than your best days in private practice.
As U.S. Attorney you will always be on the good side of anyone you hired as an AUSA.
Because you will always be the person who gave them the best job of their lives.
It's really the greatest job you can do with a law degree. The fact that AUSA's
are given almost card blanche permission and authority to go out to do the right thing.
But it's the best job but if you actually make the most out of it.
The U.S. Attorney's Office, that was the best job because you're really right there
in the thick of it. You want an office, you want people who understand
that their responsibility isn't just to go down and slash and burn. That's not the
responsibility, the responsibility really is to do justice.
I think that fairness and honesty is probably the most important.
You will be one of the most important people in the lives of another individual. One has
to make sure that one dedicates ones entire wealth of talent and energy to make sure that
the gravity of the situation is met with the dedication of that talent and energy.
Soak it up enjoy every single second of it. Volunteer, get in court, that's what you
came here to do. It's okay to stumble, loose cases, it's okay. Enjoy the ride because
it will be so memorable. But the AUSA's with the support of that
staff were really the heart and soul of the office.
You have great AUSA's who are making great cases, that makes for a great office. We're
lucky when we get to be the U.S. Attorney because we get to work with and collaborate
with phenomenal AUSA's. But the heart of the office isn't the U.S. Attorney; the
heart of the office is the AUSA. You got to find something that you really
love and that means something to you. Man they ought to, I ought to be paying them to
do this stuff, I really like this. One of the reasons we started this history
project is to memorialize all the great stories from Assistant U.S. Attorneys and U.S. Attorneys
who have served in our district. Unfortunately, we lost Matt Burns far too soon. But we hope
in our history project, many of his colleagues and those who worked for him will tell the
stories and add and embellish to them just the way that Judge Burns would have done.
All I hope is that I have done the right things in each year I had to practice.
-------------------------------------------
California firefighter killed - Duration: 0:22.
For more infomation >> California firefighter killed - Duration: 0:22. -------------------------------------------
It Is OK To Change Companies - "California Kid" - Duration: 2:53.
For more infomation >> It Is OK To Change Companies - "California Kid" - Duration: 2:53. -------------------------------------------
California is Burning! What is Causing These Crazy Wildfires? - Duration: 1:36.
SO CALIFORNIA HAS BEEN BURNING UP
FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF WEEKS.
THIS FIRE HAS RACED
THROUGH 236,000 ACRES.
THE FIRES ARE THOMAS, CREEK, RYE, SKIRBALL,
LILAC, LIBERTY AND LITTLE MOUNTAIN.
THE THOMAS FIRE IN VENTURA COUNTY
IS NOW THE FIFTH LARGEST WILDFIRE IN MODERN CALIFORNIA HISTORY.
THE FIRES ARE FORCING NUMEROUS RESIDENTS TO EVACUATE
AND SO MANY ANIMALS DEAD, IT'S HEARTBREAKING.
THIS IS A FIRE THAT ERUPTED
DURING THE MORNING RUSH HOUR
ALONG THE BUSIEST INTERSTATE THERE IN THE CITY.
BUT WHAT'S CAUSING THESE INSANE FIRES?
IN SHORT,
US.
ACCORDING TO A RECENT STUDY,
HUMANS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR 84% OF WILDFIRES IN THE US.
SPARKS FROM POWER LINES,
ESPECIALLY DURING THE STRONG WINDS
WHICH ARE CRAZY STRONG THIS YEAR.
OTHER BIG REASONS INCLUDE ARSON,
NOT COOL, AND CAMP FIRES.
IT LOOKS LIKE LAVA THE ENTIRE HILLSIDE
JUST BURNING.
ANOTHER REASON WHY WE SEE MORE DESTRUCTION IS THAT
WE'RE BASICALLY GETTING IN THE WAY.
A STUDY SAID THAT BY 2050, 645,000 HOUSES IN CALIFORNIA
WILL BE BUILT IN VERY HIGH WILDFIRE SEVERITY ZONES.
WHAT ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE? THAT'S LIKE THE BIG ONE.
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SAID
IT DID EXACERBATE THIS YEAR'S FIRE SEASON.
THINGS LIKE FUEL, WIND AND LONG-TERM DRY CONDITIONS.
BUT NOT EVERYONE FEELS THE SAME WAY.
AN EXPERT FROM THE US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY SAID
THAT CLIMATE CHANGE EFFECTS
WOULD ONLY APPLY TO MORE HEAVILY FORESTED LANDSCAPES.
DO YOU THINK THAT'S TRUE?
-------------------------------------------
Fantasy 5 winning numbers Dec 14 2017 - Duration: 1:45.
Fantasy 5 8804 winning numbers Dec 14
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét